Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Very Nice Vehicles

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by bobwop, May 19, 2014.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Jefferson

State: Wisconsin
    Price: under $30k

1963 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Coupe $ SOLD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    1phast340 and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  2. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1932 Ford Model B Roadster Traded to a HAMBer

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  3. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1951 Chevrolet 3100 5 window pickup $ SOLD

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  4. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1953 Lincoln Capri Sport Coupe Custom $SOLD to a HAMBer

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    hawksrod likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1957 Chevrolet 3100 1/2 ton short bed stepside pickup $ 19,995.00

This truck came as part of a package deal. I was very pleased to get it, as it is a nice classic pickup that is fun to drive and is reasonably priced.

I would guess the restoration is 15-20 years old. At that time, a rebuilt Chevy 283 V8 was installed along with a Turbo 350 automatic transmission. Southern Heat and Air Conditioning was added as well as a GM tilt steering column and shifter. Other convenient improvements are electric windshield wipers, seat belts, AM/FM/Cassette stereo and Wide Whitewall radials.

The restoration included new wood and stainless strips in the bed, a complete paint job and new upholstery, carpet, headliner and door panel in the interior. This is still a great looking truck, however is evident that the restoration is not fresh and the truck has been driven and enjoyed.

You will find a few rust bubbles way down low on the fenders, touched up paint chips and the varnish on the bed wood should be redone. While these blemishes may be evident upon close inspection, the truck still looks great from ten feet away. Truthfully, it is at the point where you can drive it and not stress about bug splatters, parking away from other vehicles or getting caught in the rain.

This truck started out life in Georgia. I doubt it was ever subject to the ravishes of the salt laden roads of the Northern part of the USA. I don’t see sign that is was ever used abusively. It seems that it was a nice solid truck when the restoration occurred.

As you know, the truck market is on fire. The tri-five Chevy trucks, especially in this body style are some of the most sought after. I would suspect that the color is also the liking of the majority.

This is a turn key truck. Other than the parking brake needing to be adjusted, it is very functional. Even the doors lock. The dome light and all other lights work properly. The A/C blows cold. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed. And you can do so at a price that is far below auction values.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    rjones35, mhardison and nanos1932 like this.
  6. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1948 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe Hotrod $14,995

I will admit that my attraction to hotrod black cars is not strong. But there was something about this car that drew me to take another look.

When I discovered that the body had been set onto a 1982 Oldsmobile Toronado chassis, I was intrigued. You see, I am an Oldsmobile Man.

When I examined the craftsmanship, I was astounded. Such great attention to detail! The builder utilized the two cars to the fullest. He successfully transplanted the great luxury and power features of the Toronado into the Ford body.

The body on this car is very solid and sound. As mentioned, I am not a fan of the hotrod black look. You could just scuff it and paint it the color of your choice. There is no body work needed.

When you look at the car, you really can't detect that it isn't stock. I suppose the wheels give it away, and the mirrors are not proper. But otherwise, he did a great job.

The stance is right. He was able to install Ford hubcaps and Coker radial wide whites onto the Oldmobile wheels, the body was not altered. You would never guess this is a front-wheel drive car. The windshield is the old two-piece style that old hotrodders used.

The powertrain and chassis is all Toronado. The 307 Olds is a great engine. The transmission is the 325-4L four speed overdrive. The suspension is independent at both front and rear. There are disc brakes on all four corners. The wheelbase is the exact same 114" as the 48 Ford coupe.

The engine is nicely dressed up. There are power brakes and steering. The exhaust is dual stainless steel. This car has working climate control. When the A/C is on, an auxiliary electric fan kicks in to keep the engine cool.

The interior appointments are great. The luxurious Toronado maroon leather interior is almost enough to put you to sleep. The power seats work properly. The steering column tilts and telescopes. The mirrors are power adjusted.

You will enjoy the Sony AM/FM/CD sound system. There is a 19 channel CB radio, too. The Cruise Control works, so does the power trunk latch release. You will get a kick out of the wolf whistle.

There are manuals, brochures, spare parts, the jack/spare/lug wrench in the trunk. The ignition and door lock via key.

The final drive gear ratio is 2.73 to one. With the .67 overdrive transmission, you will realize great fuel economy. The engine is designed to run on 87 octane unleaded fuel. The brakes and fuel system were all recently maintained. In fact, the fuel tank is new.

The man that built this hotrod put lots of time, energy, effort and cost into getting it right. His widow sold the car after he passed. The next owner got it back into reliable driving condition.

Just put gas in it and roll. I would not be afraid to make this my daily driver for spring, summer, fall and winter.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  7. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1956 Pontiac Chieftain 860 2 door sedan $14,995

This car was sold new in Milbank, SD. It has only been driven 80,080 miles. It is rust-free and looking sharp!

This is the short-bodied Pontiac that shares components with Chevrolets. In fact, we replaced the windshield and it was correct for a Chevy. The gasket and original sealant were still soft and pliable!

This car certainly was garage kept, as the elements have not impacted the quality. The original chrome and stainless look wonderful. The paint is original and shows quite a few character flaws. But it still shines nicely. The Glendale Green and Nimbus Grey (off-white) are a very period combination.

We see no sign of rust or repairs anywhere. There are some dents along the body line of the driver's side quarter panel, but nothing that is obnoxious. The glass is all in nice shape. The tires are new.

The interior is interesting. The seat covers are hand sewn and installed. They are stitched on with thread that was obviously done with needle and thread. It feels like the original covers that are beneath are not damaged. I just don't have the guts to tear off the covers to find out. The headliner is original and nice. The door panels are in great shape. The original rubber floor covering is still soft and pliable and very usable.

There is an aftermarket stereo mounted beneath the dash. But the radio delete plate is still in place. All gauges and lights work. The wipers and heater work. The horn blows. The doors lock via key.

The engine is the 316 cubic inch V8. Good performance for the day. What is cool is the transmission is a column-shifted three-speed manual! The clutch was just replaced. This car is tons of fun to drive.

This was a bare bones Pontiac. Manual transmission, radio delete, rubber floor covering, no power steering or brakes, poverty hubcaps.

What a great original car with just the right options and powertrain!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  8. bobwop

bobwop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Please PM me with your running/driving trade offer or reasonable cash offer