Register now to get rid of these ads!

vanderville car auction in Mo. LOOK!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by randydupree, Jul 24, 2005.

1. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

the big lot of cars thats supposed to be auctioned off in Mo next sat, is already being listed on ebay.are they trying to run the bids up by saying they have an internet bidder? it looks like a scam deal to me!

2. I think they are trying to make sure their ass is covered.

They have the formidable task of clearing a hell of a lot of cars from that land. The more potential buyers they can reach the better.

Do you know what a pain in the ass it is to deal with car hobbyists when you are on a timetable?

You can offer stuff for free and they'll complain about the freight. I would attend but I can't swing the cost to travel, buy and ship the stuff too.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

What is the link to the auctions?

4. Its Vanderbrink auction Co, not Vanderville.........Its near Grant City Missouri -in Northwest part of state.
    It is being held where they set -in the dirt -in the weeds- in the trees...out in the hills......You see where Im goin here.;)
    Pretty remote area.

5. carkiller

carkiller

I just talked to the auction co and things are changed. I was gonna go for our local crusher with a opening cruch bid of like $85.00. Now the guy that owns the place wants a opening bid of $200.00 per car or leave em sit, I hope this gets to alot of people that figured they were gonna buy some $100.00 stuff because it aint gonna happen. Im going because there are a couple I will pay over $200.00 for that I want. But beware opening bid is $200.00 per car. Cal

6. Thanks for that info Cal- I looked at the pics- they are for the most part not all that great-I suggest that the- OL'PENCILDICK BASTARD- put handles on those SUMBITCHES and get hisself buried in em......

I cant believe the ignorance that prevails in our"hobby"

I myself-had a public auction last weekend and the head count of goobers that were there was suprising even to a small town hick like myself.......
    How they get out of the fuckin' :rolleyes: .....institution to attend- Ill never know.....:eek:

7. VonDad

VonDad

I agree with kenny. I don't post much, but this stuff pisses me off. Fucker sits on them cars all these years and tells everybody, They ain't for sale...

Now he wants top dollar. Let the stupid people pay it.

I too say put handles on the fuckers and let the sumbich be buried in em

Best to everybody else though..

VonDad

8. BigJim394

BigJim394

Here's a link to a thread I posted last week about this company's auctions:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62799

There is a link on the thread that takes you to the auction company's website.

The one next weekend DOES sound like a lot of cars are more like parts cars with rust problems. The one they have coming up this fall (at a racetrack) does seem to have some nice cars and parts up for sale, and I posted some of the photos.

9. carkiller

carkiller

No! Please dont get me wrong Vanderbrink auctions Yvette vanderbrink is fantastic one hell of a lady as well as auctioneer. Its the old bastard that owns the cars thats dickin things up. NOT the auction company. Ive been to several Vanderbrink auctions and they sell the stuff its the owner thats F-in this sale. Cal

10. Yeah Cal thats apparent-I still say if any person has that many cars to sell in two days its insane to have a minimum.

some of that trash is definitely smasher fodder-and that caliber metal has fell to its lowest price of the year at the present time.

Also a point of concern to attendees is the heat.....My cleanup-auction -lastSat was at a 105 degree heat index -we had a roped off shade tree and a vendor truck with drinks and a slight breeze[open grass lots].THAT WAS PRETTY MARGINAL-

You put a big crowd in the weeds/trees that that place has for landscaping -we better hope they have an ambulance or three there cause it will be necessary.

11. Where did you see "$200" minimum? The information on the auction site makes no such mention.

In fact the terms and conditions seem very reasonable.

12. BigJim394

BigJim394

I can tell you, from years of attending live auctions and even working at some, that auctioneers HATE IT when the owners of the items being auctioned, pull stuff like this. Keep checking the auctioneers website to see if they post some info about what is going on, and if you are planning on attending, you may want to email the auctioneer ASAP to ask what is going on with this minimum price deal and other "changes" the owner of the cars is talking about. One way or another, I'm sure the auctioneer will have a lengthy explanation of what the hell is going on, right before the cars start getting auctioned off.

13. Any news here? Fabulous or egregious?