Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs V12 Cadillac ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacerRick, Oct 12, 2020.

1. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am building a 1933 Cadillac 370B V12 for a friend of mine for a tail dragger he is building (stretched, chopped, smoothed, etc, 36 Ford coupe) and was wondering if anyone ever made speed parts for this engine? I looked around and even finding stock style replacement parts is difficult, and was unable to find any mention of this engine being used really for anything other than a resto.

Was this ever used back in the day in customs or racing?

2. goldmountain

goldmountain

Hope you are a handy kind of guy. Scan-201012-0001.jpg

Deuces and Ned Ludd like this.
  3. See the December 1964 issue of Pop Rod for more info:
    20201012_104428.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Deuces likes this.
  4. SR100

SR100

I thought I remembered seeing that Eddie Edmunds did manifolds for the V12 & V16, but I can't find it now. He did manifolds for just about everything else... Most of his products were made in very small batches and I suspect a fair amount of the early stuff was scrapped in WWII. Log manifolds and headers wouldn't be that difficult. An Austrian shop, Haus of Hotrod, built a road-legalish Cad V12-powered bellytank with log manifolds and headers, but for some reason you won't find it anywhere but Fakebook. I saw it on the FB Belly Tank Racers group.

Deuces likes this.

5. 1959 I was working in a wrecking yard in L.A. There was a '32 Cad V-12 laying in the dirt by the office. The transmission was in a wheelbarrow and weighed almost as much as the engine. I thought it would be cool in a '40's Chevy but lacked the skill to make it happen. Probably went for scrap.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. SR100

SR100

While looking for something else, I saw a reference that page 166 of the book Hot Rod Roots: A Tribute to the Pioneers by Dain Gingerelli mentions that Winfield ground racing cams for the Cad V-12.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. sorry I don't have any info for you but that sounds like a super cool project, would like to here/see more of it.