Register now to get rid of these ads!

USPS Lost Parts...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hightone111, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Hightone111

Hightone111

I purchased a McCulloch VS-57 supercharger recently on ebay and it was FINALLY shipped. I was notified yesterday that it had arrived at the local post office. Another that it had been delivered, but it did not show an address so I figured it was still at the p/o. Went to check...nope, "we have no idea where it is, but I'll look for it and call you if I find anything." What?!? That's it?!?
    Arent there any precautions for this type of situation...F U post office!

Sorry if this didn't belong here, but I needed to vent to guys that would understand. Anyone elses dealt with this and actually had something not be found??

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

somebody has got to know where it went. If it was sent to the PO then they must have a record of delivery somewhere. Good luck

3. crapshoot

crapshoot

i hope you had insurance on it, that sucks big time . i hope they locate it for ya

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Go straight in to the Postmaster at that post office with a copy of the delivery confirmation. I had to do that a while back on a similar but less expensive thing and I had it in my mail box in two days. The mail man delivered it to the wrong address either by accident or otherwise but the Postmaster can track down who took it out for delivery unless it was intercepted in the postoffice.

5. aldixie

aldixie

I had the same last month with a F1 Transmission crossmember and set of pedals. Got as far as Oklahoma main office and then disappeared. Company that sent it sent me another set of pedals out and refunded me on the crossmember.

6. agtw31

agtw31

don't be nice,dog the hell out of them.they lost your shit.

check around the neighborhood,i bet it was deliverred to the wrong address

my mail lady(moron) put a set of $300 valve covers sent to me to the people 2 doors down from me just the other day.

7. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

This is a classic example why you never, ever want to send a package by the postal service WITHOUT delivery conformation. Then they know for sure where it was delivered. Sorry to say it but the postal service is getting like the other shippers, in that they have many more damaged pieces as well as "lost" parcels these days and nothing at all will be done unless you have insurance or proof of delivery.

8. Hightone111

Hightone111

Ok. Good news...it was in the mail box, roomate is a dumbass!! Still bad news that the post office had no clue.

9. It should have a tacking number shouldn't it if so that could help find it .Rob.

10. 5window

5window

Glad you found it, but I am not sure your roommate is the dumbass. Did YOU look in the mailbox? Seems to me the PO did its job-you are responsible for insurance and delivery confirmation for something valuable. The USPS offers those services, you chose not to accept their offer. Screw ups happen-it is a very big system-but you didn't help them any.

11. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Did anyone else think it odd to have a mailbox big enough to hold a blower?

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

They lost 2 this year on me .Now everything I ship is insured ,Always ends up at the recovery center for there auction ,Bastards ,Doesnt matter if info is stuck inside box either

13. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

The guy that you got it from would have gotten a tracking # when he printed the shipping label. Actually you should have it in your conformation email from ebay. JC

14. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Wow, some mailbox.

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did!:)

16. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

First thing I thought too........must be a heavy duty model.

17. Not only big enough to hold one, but to have it in there and you apparently not notice right away, wtf do you use for a mailbox, a recycled dumpster?

18. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

The USPS is government-run with very little accountability.

UPS is the way to go. The first $100.00 of value is insured automatically and everything gets a tracking number. Unlike the USPS, UPS will make an effort to deliver the package even if the address is one digit off (within reason).

Trucking companies....................fuggedaboutit!

19. millersgarage

millersgarage

haha, yeah, made me think it was 1/25 scale.....

20. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

unkledaddy has the right plan. If it's important shit/vintage parts go UPS cause it has tracking numbers and you can insure it for whatever value you can afford. They track it all the way
    When I don't give a shit like sending paperwork to the home office for work I go usps.
    Or for parts that can be replaced easily if lost.

21. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Didn't *YOU* look in the mailbox first???

CB

22. uncle buck

uncle buck

Sounds to me like the Post Office is more compitent than..........

23. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Hell,I just want to see a picture of His mailbox!

24. I retired from the PO. I try not to use them now.Even if you do use their delivery confirmation it doesn't mean you can track it well. My carrier scans her confirmations before she even leaves the office in the morning.I found out because I was supposed to get a part one day, checked and it said it was delivered but they couldn't find it.Found out she had gotten sick and went home and failed to load it after she scanned it as delivered.They run a pretty crappy ship now. I would ship Fedex.They scan every parcel both when it arrives and when it leaves,you can find it at any junction in its journey.

25. chopped

chopped

Got some parts last week, half in the mailbox, half out. Big ass rubber band keeping it from falling on the road. Nice rubber band though. Wish I had taken a picture.

26. Toner283

Toner283

UPS is no good either - they have delivered packages to my house & left them on the front step when no one is home. My Neighbor had a couple of packages "disappear" on her. None of my stuff has gone missing from them yet thank goodness. Unless you require a signature for delivery there is no guarantee it will end up in the right place with UPS either.

27. agtw31

agtw31

that's not ups's fault.

youve got some thieves in your hood.

28. ordered some cd's over on Amazon, usps lost those too ! I bet some mail carrier is listening to them ! lol

29. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Yep!! I agree. FEDEX is the only one I use now. They seem to be more cautious with the packages and more compitent in their opperations. I worked in the shipping department at a manufacturing company for a few months, before I was moved upstairs and became an office bitch. So, I had the chance to witness first hand, how UPS drivers tossed packages marked "fragile", around like a quarter-back hikes a football; inspite of what kind of elcetronic parts were contained in the boxes.

But, who knows? Maybe FEDEX does the exact samething when customers aren't around? It just seems they have greater respect for boxes marked "fragile".

30. Let's see now, The guy bitches about what a fuck up the post office is and he hasn't even checked his mail box. Seems to me he could have really checked before pissing and moaning about a problem that didn't even exist. He's probably in management for one of the multi-million dollar corporation would be my guess.
    Later,
    Dick