Register now to get rid of these ads!

Us Armed Forces HAMB relay?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigtumtum, Feb 22, 2010.

1. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Help! I need to get a set of chevrolet 3100 fenders and some other parts to Germany, but can't afford traditional shipping! Anybody who gets free shipping in the US Armed Forces want to relay me a pair for some extra cash?

2. Abomination

Abomination

That's actually a great idea. It could get much needed parts to folks over in Europe where American tin is scarce. Folks that would otherwise have to pay over $1k just to get a goddamned fender.

I mean, if folks get free shipping anyway... how does that work, anyway?

3. BTTT. Are any HAMBers friends with C-5, C-130 or C-17 loadmasters?

20 years ago, I put a T-400 transmission in a P-3C Orion's bomb bay and delivered it to a friend at NAS Adak, AK.

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

hmmmm. Let me see. I heard about a ton of king crab legs from Alaska to Arizona in the hold of a........ and an MG from UK in a bomb bay....... and a dozen AK47s from 'nam, etc, etc, but NEVER heard of sending chivvy pickup fenders. I doubt if you'll get a loadmaster to risk his career on such light work:D

5. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

LOL.. ok then added a buck of KFC

6. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Aint nothin free now days....letter mail only used to be free if you were mailing too and from a war zone....thats not even the case anymore.

Additionally customs in and out of a country is a bitch...they even wanted to look in out classified T.S. lock boxes...(they were not able to produce the proper credentials as well as a need to know so therefore they didnt get access....good thing too as there was a load of cubans my OIC procurred in one of em)...

I think your only option is the friend network and thats gonna be rough as there isnt many direct modes of transportation going to and fro....

I was actually considering buying a mini cooper in spain and putting it on the ship's hanger bay for the ride home as we only had one helo on board at the time....never did it though...

7. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

The only way you will be able to get the fenders shipped free via Mil Mail is through MPS.
    (Space Available Mail)
    That can only be accomplished if it is going from one overseas military address to another overseas address.

8. mustangsix

mustangsix

I once helped a buddy dismantle a Mini Cooper so it could be shipped home from Germany to the US in a crate with his other household goods. :)

MPS has a weight and size limit. 70 lbs, I think. Not sure what the dimensions would be, but I bet a fender is too large.

9. bigtumtum

bigtumtum