Register now to get rid of these ads!

Upholstery folks - Vinyl from Jo-Ann's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Oct 18, 2011.

1. So, WHERE IS Scooter?!?!?!?!?!

2. 73RR

73RR

Last I heard he was very busy with that F-1 team job......

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey guys! Still here! Just haven't been able to get on as much. Getting slapped upside the face with adult life responsibility type stuff right now. 73RR is right, though. Work takes up a lot of time anymore...

Have everything I need to do some upholstery work and the car itself will get some color before too long.

4. Great to hear from you!

5. Good to hear Scott! Get your roof issue sorted out?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. PONTNAK123

PONTNAK123
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

door panels joann fabrics 081.JPG 082.JPG

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. When I had my seats done in my '64 Comet, the upholster asked me if I wanted 'standard vinyl' or 'OEM quality'. OEM was more expensive naturally, so I ask what's the difference? He says 'Standard is 37 oz, OEM is 50. The 50 is harder to work, but lasts a hell of a lot longer'. He went on to explain that you only need it on the seating areas and piping, the 'standard' stuff was fine everywhere else.

The guy was right, as a few other cars I owned with the lighter vinyl showed the difference. The 50 oz held it's 'shape' better and longer, and wore better. Mind you, most of these were daily drivers in a harsh environment, so in a coddled rod or custom the lighter vinyl may do fine. But if I wanted it done right, I'd step up.... but that means you need a pro or pro equipment.

lothiandon1940 likes this.