Register now to get rid of these ads!

upholstery attempt?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by el caballo loco, Apr 6, 2012.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Wish i could stitch, then i could get rid of the onion sack and mexican blankets lol

2. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

have done my 32 roadster and my 51 Meteor. did the roadster with an old singer treadle machine that had been converted to electric. use a denium needle, they will go through anything. the big problem is feeding the material through evenly especially when you come to a seem etc where it is necessary to feed several thicknesses of material through the foot. you will quickly get onto knowing how much to pull on the material at these points. when i did the Meteor, I found a used walking foot upolstry machine on kiggi. picked it up for $450. a walking foot machine feeds the material from both the top and the bottom, makes things easier. the material will probably cost you about 20% of the cost of having the work done at an upholistry shop. Go for it, hot rodding is all about doing it yourself. For door pannels etc i used 1/8 mahogney plywood,may also be known as door skins at the local lumber yard. good luck and let the barners know how it turned out

3. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

i did my 32 roadsrer with an old singer, use a denium needle. when i did my 51 Meteor i used a walking foot upholstry machine that i scorred off kiggi for $450. it works better than the singer but you shoukd be ok with the singer. i figure it cost me about 20% of the cost of having the work done at an upholstry shop. i used 1/8 mahogny plywood for door pannels, kick pannels etc. it may also be known as door skins at your local lumber yard.