Register now to get rid of these ads!

Updating/Changing Thread Topic Title?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Zephyr3789, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

This question may have been asked and answered. I tried the search (I haven't mastered it yet!), but could not find any info.

I would like to know if it is possible to update or change a Thread Topic Title instead of starting an entire new thread on the same subject? I have noticed quite a few posts on here from guys who have projects and add new threads everytime they have updated pictures.

The reason I ask is because I have an existing thread that I would like to update with pictures, and I would like to let people know there are updated pictures and not just new comments.

If this is not possible, could I suggest sub-threads or an updated picture/progress notification on thread?

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just hit reply to your own ad and add the pictures/ lower your price ETC.
    It will bring the ad back to the top of the first page.

Most guys will look at it to see if you have made changes or added pictures or reduced your price.

If you want your header changed - send a PM ( Private Message) to me and I will change your header.

Moderators prefer sellers don't change headers because after a sale is made, IF something goes wrong or miscommunication we have to have reference to information both original and changed info.

Thanks for asking.
    Cob
    Classifieds Moderator

3. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

I was actually aiming this more at project cars that are being built by HAMBers.

Personally, I love checking out guys progress on their projects more so then I do the comments on their respective threads. So once I am done checking out the pictures and leaving my own encouraging comments. I pretty much stop looking at the thread.

I guess my suggestion is more so, if there could be a notification the thread starter can use to let other HAMBers know that he has updated pictures of his progress? Rather than users having to skim through a few pages of comments to see something that may not be there or the thread starter having to add a new thread with a topic stating progress update #2, 3, 4, 5, etc., ya know?

There have also been cases for me where I have missed the new progress threads all together only to find them weeks later under the members personal posts.

Maybe it's just me being lazy, but I thought it would be a cool feature! I hope I explained clearly, if there is some interest in what I'm saying?

4. Zephyr3789

Zephyr3789

Thank you for the reply Cob. Should I change the title on this thread to be more of a suggestion then a question?

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

No different feature will be offered.

As of now - if someone wants to update there post, They hit reply and post their pics and it goes to the top of the page.

Actually a cheaters way of knowing who posted last was on the main HAMB page if you look down the list of posts on the last post side, it will have the name of the last person that posted.

So, no there is no way to have a seperate sign that says "I posted updated picture" just the name of the last person that posted.
    Come on Zeph - you have to put in a little effort for all this fun !!!!!!

If it's multiple pages - click on it and click on last page to cut time orrrrRRRRRRRR

Just instuct everyone to send you a PM when they have posted new pictures. HA HA

Cob
    Classifieds Moderator