Register now to get rid of these ads!

UPDATE..What is this ...because I own it now.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Thankx Gozt...I really needed to hear that! I was really close to my grandad he was a great person, he and my grandmother to(captain of the rescue team) were such great people and were responsible for saving countless lives... Some of my best memories were haulin ass down Bear Creek Canyon, or over the grapevine to I-70 in CO., on the way to a fire or an accident, I of course was in charge of the siren...
    and we got A LOT of siren! haha!
    And then I later became a FF to in Az for a couple of years...I'd eventually like to get on a volunteer dept somewhere someday and just help where I can...
    thanks Chris~

2. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

How about putting a big ass chromed siren on the top of that sucker with a red light on it.

3. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

Awesome bonus find.

4. understand your sorrow over the floor
    it looks like stock stuff.......wood floor is correct
    from the pic inside rear
    do not toss the rear spare tire wheel cover board
    sounds as though that wheel well is what is missing
    okay though the sedan floor would work and then relocate a sparemount also the delivery tank is relocatable too

so if ya race car frame it all the floor wold have ta come out...

oooooaaaaaa wheelie cheif car smoksum

5. Actually the rear area was fine....solid including the spare wheel house.....the rot was upfront...under the footboard and front seats....
    stock floor or fabbed floor pan will fix....everything else was fine....surprisingly...
    wont be race framing it...stock it fine...just gonna be a driver...

6. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Wow that barn is a mess! Cool car though, dig the rear door. --mika

7. builtbyme

builtbyme

No time for paint:) Good luck on the project...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. you brought home both dint ya

9. builtbyme

builtbyme

10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Looks like yer basic Hippie Van. Kraiko Stereo I think, (hard to see from the pic), Cal Custom window cranks, surplus gas can, and probably had a matress in the back and shag carpet. Love the cheap stereo in there too. $29.95 would get you one of those installed in 1970. For $39.95 or 49.95 you could get the Craig instead of the cheap Kraiko.
    Don't be surprised if you find a roach clip and some beads and feathers in all the junk you sweep out of there.

11. RacerRick

RacerRick

If you sell that hearse, I am real interested!

12. just need the dalmation......and sireeen

13. As rare as the car seems to be you may want to give some thought to restoring it instead of hot rodding it.

The red photoshop looks good and I can see how you would be temped.

After restoration you can list it with movie companies or prop suppliers and pull down a pretty good daily rental fee.

You may find that the rarity of the car would make it very desirable to a restorer and it could be sold for a good chunk of cash which could be used to build something else.

Do some research before you decide to chop it etc.
    Along those lines, if you do hot rod it, don't do any modifications that are difficult or impossible to return to stock.

14. Excellent find, what are the chances two rare birds, great find.

15. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

16. customfc

customfc

Man, I enjoyed reading your first post about your barn find, then I see you scored 2 that is awesome.
    Do some research before making any descisions. If they are rare, you might be better off turning them over and making some cash to put into your Vicki. The Firechief idea is cool and I can see why it would appeal. Good luck which ever way you go.
    Regards
    Alex

17. Thought I'd give ya'll an update.....
    PDog Thanks for the photochop and paint job...That looks too cool!

I gotta say I'm not sure what to do with the ole "fire chief"
    I really can't afford to do two projects at once and I don't just wanna let it sit...I would really like to see it end up like this pic though...Damn why can't I just be rich?!lol...
    I have been playin a bit with the car...I bought a set of FAT whitwalls and some fenderskirts, and stainless rearfender guards for it, but I just don't think I am gonna be able to afford to fix it and finish my Vicki in time for the HAMB Drags as well...so I am considering selling it..

The 49 Chevy "Weller built coach flower car" once pulled out of the treeline in the back 40 acres turned out to be in "really rough shape", no floors what-so-ever, no motor trans, all rockers gone...there wasn't much left of it but I couldn't bare to see it goto the crusher..
    So I kept the stainless belt trim and the caddiliac tilt telescoping column and took the rest of it to a friend of mines 40-50-60's tetenis collection and gave it to him...He gave me $350.00 worth of trade for it...I thought that was fair...If anyone wants to consider trying to get it... get a hold of me and I'll put ya in touch with my buddy...

18. The stereo in the rear deck is a "DeLuxe" brand 8 track player....and speaking of Hi-Fi....Funny you should say that I found an oleskool J.O.B. joint roller when I was cleaning it out to...lol

19. I bought some new shoes and socks for the fire chief from a fellow HAMBer here in KY...checkem out...startin to look like the photochop..

[​IMG]