Register now to get rid of these ads!

Update on my 34 Ford 5W Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, May 14, 2010.

1. Swede64

Swede64

Congrats on the great cover and article in Gasoline Magazine. Absolutely one of the best magazines.

2. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thanks!!!

3. Very cool Marcus!
    Any recent pics? I thought I had seen where you sold those rear tires? What's on it now?

4. M.Edell

M.Edell

I went with the Mickey Thompsons from Radir, they are a bit taller and little wider [​IMG]

5. DenverFlash

DenverFlash

What I love about your coupe is you chose a theme and stuck with it. I see many cars built with an inconsistent theme, or no theme at all, and it kinda ruins them.
    Well done - cool car.

6. M.Edell

M.Edell

I tried and still changing things, like the Coated Sanderson headers, I bought a set of Red's headers instead and Im picking them up from the Chrome platers this morning in fact.The Sandersons looked out of place on my engine.Hopefully this summer I will have the one piece louvered hood top mounted and painted.Already thinking about building a 390 Caddy for it down the road..

7. farmer12

farmer12

Congrats on the coverage, looking good!

8. Still huh? I love the Flatty but you gotta do what you feel is right. :rolleyes:

9. M.Edell

M.Edell

Im saying down the road because Im in trouble with the wife right now for buying that 58 Ford Gasser that i want to keep.When I bought it I said I was just buying it to flip..lol..I will have to build the Caddy in a secret location away from home..like somewhere in the middle of nowhere..oh..like Visalia,Ca..lol..

10. Ha Ha! wink wink! ;)

11. M.Edell

M.Edell

Took the 34 Ford to its first driven to car show about 20 miles South to Fremont yesterday on the freeway.Man I love the T5, it just cruises down the freeway with ease.Here's a pic from yesterday with new Chromed Red's Headers and new Mickey Thompson Cheater Slicks.[​IMG]

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it Marcus, just beautiful!

13. I so want to be at that point with my coupe in the near future. Car looks so good in every picture. Gotta love some 34 coupes. I miss the Fremont Dragstrip and real nostalgia drag racing like in the NDRA days. Good times in NorCal!

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

I got my Fremont Drag Strip Decal in the back window! Your Car is gonna be bad Ass, Hell it already is!

15. Do you have another Fremont Dragstrip Decal? I wish I would have bought one when I was there. I spent my money on a Fremont Drag Strip jacket. I still have it and love it.

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

I dont have anymore, but you can get them.I got mine on Ebay.That's cool you have a real jacket.Mines an replica from Andy's T shirts in Concord,Ca.

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Link doesn't work Marcus. Would love to follow along.

19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

20. M.Edell

M.Edell

I have the 304" Flatty up For Sale in the Classifieds...

21. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

22. bonesy

bonesy

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Son of bitch! Are you crazy?!!!! Leave that damn flathead in there....or at least sell it to me cheap enough so I can afford it hahaha!!!

What was wrong with the flathead?

24. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Once you've had a Cad, you got to stay Bad!:cool:

25. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Though I love flatty`s, having built,pounded,and blown up about a dozen of em in the 70`s ...I think I fully understand. If you want to shit n` git ;you just plain need more `ol time "oats".Looking forward to your progression on your GREAT machine.

26. M.Edell

M.Edell

I built a Caddy engine in the 90's for a project that I never got to finish and had to sell it after a nasty divorce.My original plan was for a Caddy in this car, when I found out about the SCAT Stroker kit I figured Id give it a try.Plus I never had a full race Flathead before.The style of my build is very early 60's and the Flathead kinda seems a bit out of place for me, plus it doesn't have the neck snapping power you get from a Caddy's torque.Like a dumb teenager I went with a real big Camshaft inside the Flathead and you sacrifice bottom end power for the cool choppy cam.I figured Id sell the Flathead now when its still almost new than later so I can fund the Caddy build up.Yes Im sick in the head for sure, I know that.Maybe It's because I dont want to call the car "done" I know I will be a lot happier when I get the Cadillac in it..plus Im having one of our own HAMBers Tim McMaster "mctim64" in Visalia,Ca build the Cadillac.

27. Damn that is super sano work man...you should be proud !!

Great job !!

Rat

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I want that damn flathead like nobodies business!!!!

29. M.Edell

M.Edell

You can buy it Jeff! Better hurry there's a list building up of people who said they want it.. I need to find a Cragar 4x2 Intake for the Caddy and some Cool Valve Covers..

30. M.Edell

M.Edell