Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects UnderAge Traditional Shoebox Build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smarg, Feb 8, 2012.

1. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Hey Smarg - Nice shoebox build you have going. It is great to see the old car hobby passed down to younger folks. I regret a few things in life, but I will tell you this, wrenching on old cars is not one of those things.

Just a note of caution - in the last picture you are cutting a panel for the top of your front frame. If I were you, I would really clean and check out the top of that cross-brace piece going from the cross-member to the outside rail before you weld that panel on. On my 51 frame, the VIN is stamped right on the top of that brace. It may cause you inspection issues down the road if you cover that vin up. Just my $.02

2. smarg

smarg

The vin is also punched on the firewall. We have some pretty loose laws down here.

Thanks for the heads up.

3. Nice meeting all you guys today. Enjoy those springs. Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun down there in Texas. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.
    Good luck!

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

This is a sweet build you've got going on. I wish my father had gotten me into traditional hot rods when I was younger. I had to figure it out for myself; he's a Vette guy...

5. smarg

smarg

Bought some more parts from some cool HAMBERS.

Just this for now 2" drop up front, 6" drop in the back
    [​IMG]

Slowly creepin up to the front with paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More progress later in the week.

Attached Files:

6. Whats your plans for the flattie?........ great job so far

7. smarg

smarg

Had alot of OT stuff goin on with the "boss" man's car stuff..

First picture is the OT stuff.

Got the fly wheel re-done for my flathead new clutch and pressure plate and all that good stuff. Freshly rebuilt overdrive tranny as well.

Found some old traditional exhaust cross over for the exhaust also.

I have the frame rolling now (I will have pictures later)

I ended up cutting an entire coil off the aerostar springs, seems to sit right for now.

Attached Files:

8. smarg

smarg

Slowly getting the frame painted, flathead that came out of the four door isn't as nice as I would have hoped it to be. Currently have a few lines on getting another one thats rebuilt or something to that nature. If not I'm gonna build the flathead I would really want.. :D

In the mean time I have been trying to make cool parts.. Well I think they are kinda cool.

The brake and clutch pedal were a complete WASTE of time. Clutch and brake arm are another story though.

Thats all for now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  9. Love seeing a young guy goin roddin. Subscribed:)

10. lorodz

lorodz

11. Rathbone

Rathbone

Did you get this one done?