Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Uhhh chevy AM Radios?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul Vandervort, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Paul Vandervort

Paul Vandervort
    from Richmond

Ok, so I have a 1958 Biscayne and I was wondering what year Chevrolet AM radios will fit inside the '58 radio dash hole? The 1958 AM radios (wonderbar and all that jazz) are crazy expensive! So I'm wondering if I could get another year chevy AM radio on the cheap that'll fit! I'm planning to hooking up a RediRad http://rediscoveradio.com/ so I can listen to my crazy rock N roll music.

Please Help!

Thanks,

Paul

2. '58. There's at least one Motorola aftermarket AM radio made for it too.

A plain regular '58 AM radio, at least a core, shouldn't set you back more than about ten bucks. They have virtually no value, I can hardly give them away. I can't imagine a good working one going for more than $100 unless it was rebuilt - and at least one outfit makes aftermarket AM/FM decks that will fit the factory holes.

3. Squablow

Squablow

I'm with Rusty. The plain-jane non-pushbutton ones are dirt cheap when they come up on eBay, so it's worth holding out for a tested and working, relatively clean one. They weren't all deluxe T&C units. But '58 is the only year that fits. You'll get one if you watch.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy