Register now to get rid of these ads!

U.K. Guys...Question About Prefects

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 30, 2004.

1. My pal has a '51 Prefect that he's built into a very unique "gasser". I'll post photos some day soon. He wants to know as much about the '51's (only) as he can. Is there a way to find out how many were produced, how many were exported to the U.S., and how many are registered in various countries today ?

Any help will certainly be appreciated.... [​IMG]

2. I had a '59 a few year's back & was a member of the Ford Sidevalve Owners Club back home in the UK.

They are a very knowlegeable bunch. Check out http://www.fsoc.co.uk/

Dave

3. marq

marq

You gotta remember that with British cars of that era the year don't matter as the same car could be made for almost 5-6 years without any changes whatsoever so saying a 51 wouldnt matter one bit just prefect 100e would do......Marq

4. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Ford didn't begin production of the 100E style Prefect until 1953. This one must be the Pop/Anglia 'sit up and beg' style.

Get in touch with the Ford Sidevalve Owners Club as already suggested, they'll be able to help.

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I used to be a Prefect at my Grammar School, I wasn't a particularly good one, I used to sell cigarettes to other kids for sixpence each.

6. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Sixpence? [​IMG]
    You're showing your age, we went decimal in '71 [​IMG]