Register now to get rid of these ads!

turning a 4dr into a 2dr sedan..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by poncho, Feb 24, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho

so as im looking for a ride,, im finding a shit load of 4drs that are realy good deal..im talkin' about 50's cars here..i been surfing the "interweb".and have found some 4 doors that the rear doors have been welded closed..anyone here done that,,is it a good idea or is it a no no..whats the best way to go about doing the work..it gives it that "2dr post" look[kinda]for way less the price of a real 2dr. ..so anyone have any suggestions..

2. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Doing a 60 Plymouth Wagon here now....4 door to 2 door...using a donor clapped out 2 door sedan for the switch. Seems that the short front door looks strange when used with a welded up rear....ya need a 2 door front to do it and have it look good.

52/56 Fords will have the same tops in 4 and 2 doors......55/57 Chevys/Pontiacs also......most Mopars will do the same.

email if you want to see some pics of a couple of 4 to 2 deals

Mark

3. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

DO NOT WELD THE DOORS SHUT. It looks like shit and you're not fooling anyone! I sold by 56 to a good friend of mine, he shaved the rear door handles and it looks fine.

What you do is buy the 4 door, and find a two door sedan in a yard, break out the sawzall and torches and get to work. Do a search here on the hamb there is some good posts about doing it.

Attached Files:

4. Rusty Kustoms

Rusty Kustoms

why would you want to take a beautiful 4dr and make it a 2dr???

5. nothing wrong with 4 doors....makes cool rides for your friends to jump into. I think 2 doors are overrated.

Yes 2 doors bring money, but if a 4 door is done tastefully and can be done within your budget...they too can be worth a penny....