Register now to get rid of these ads!

TurboStude here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by turbostude, Nov 11, 2006.

1. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Hello Group,
    I am a 53' year old gearhead from Minneapolis. Been working on all sorts of machines since I was little. Been into old brit-bikes and rods. They call me the "Dictator-for-Life" of the Twin Cities Norton Owner's club, and in other circles the "Bodger" which is a brit term for a guy like MacGuyver who can make available stuff scrounged work when you're in a jam. After home-made mini-bikes and go-carts, I started working on car engines...in my dad's kit-built ski-boat. One day, he handed me a pair of Stromberg 97's and said I should get them on top of the 59AB before he came home from work....
    There have been a string of interesting cars:
    35' Packard 3 window coupe (put a 48' straight 8 in it with Buick wheels)
    53' Olds Holiday 88 (still drive it) with 3 deuces, Isky, duals, lowered,shaved, with 57' Caddy eldo wheels, frenched antenna
    50' Stude Starlite coupe hoodless with turbocharged flathead 6
    http://turbostude.com
    53' Stude hardtop with Cad 509"/TH400/9" 3.23:1 Ford posi
    62' Stude Champ 3/4 ton truck daily driver
    53' Stude coupe Bonneville racer (me and 4 other guys) built another turbo
    flathead 6 (this summer we set 2 class records XO/BGC and
    XO/BFALT http://Salt2Salt.com
    Now I'm working on a 3-wheeler which will be powered by the Bonneville engine (2 front wheels- one rear). It will look like a cross between a 37'
    Stude boat-tailed speedster and a Chris-Kraft speed-boat....hardwood "deck" above the beltline, Duvall style wind-screen, highly modified 41' Stude frame (planar front suspension). With 240 hp, 289 ft-lbs torque and 1800# wet, it should be a go'er... and look like it was home built in about 1948. Got stoked on building it after seeing some cool stuff on the street in Wendover during Speedweek the last few years. (I'm an "Immortal" wannabe....)
    I'll be putting up some pics of the project on the TurboStude site under the heading "TriBaker" sometime soon.
    Regards to all

2. 37CoupeE

37CoupeE

Welcome to the HAMB from a fellow Stude lover and neighbor in Wisconsin.

3. Hey.....I've heard of you guys !!! :D

Welcome, neighbor.

4. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Salt2Salt would like to partner with someone owning a blown Ford flathead for a little project.....

5. Buick Guy

Buick Guy

Is Salt2Salt going to return to Bonneville this year? No postings on the site for a couple of years. If you go, look up the strange guys from Montana with the black Jag. [all a product of Budweiser Engineering] It'll be our first time there, so we don't know what to expect.

6. turbostude

turbostude
    from minnesota

Yes, We're going back for Speed Week. We'll race be racing the 53' again, but with a supercharged 8BA flathead. Expect the website to start percolating soon. Scope out the bulletin board for details I've uploaded. We'll be in the front row of the pits about 2/3rds towards the end. We'll be near some Avanti teams and maybe next to two more blown flattie guys. Got rooms at the Red Garter. Send me an e-mail if you want to ask any questions and I'll send you my phone number.
    Greg [email protected]