Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Turbo 350 to Rochester G cable help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clips221, Aug 23, 2016.

1. clips221

clips221

I've got a 37 Ford pickup with a 350 turbo and a SBC 327 with a 3 duece setup on it. What kind of bracket do I need to connect the kick down cable comming out of the transmission? I have the bracket securing the cable but can someone please post a picture of how the bracket actually hooks up to the middle carb? The cable has a slotted bracket....
    thanks for any help.

2. miller

miller
    from New Jersey

..see if this is any help,...sbc with 200 4r trans,...trans cable kick down bracket 3-2\'s  and 51 sd 001.jpg 3-2\'s  and 51 sd 003.jpg 3-2\'s  and 51 sd 004.jpg is mounted on back carb ,had to cut to make it fit around carb hold down bolts,...the cables had to be extended,...miller

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. squirrel

squirrel

you just can't find original 307 cars like you used to....69-74 307 would be the small 2bbl and either a TH350 or powerglide. If you could find the parts off a TH350 car, they would probably work pretty well. Good luck, I think I threw out the ones I had a long long time ago.

Johnny Gee likes this.

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Let me back my truck up for a second. It's been to long since I've had a turbo 350 in anything. What I posted above won't work (those are for throttle cable). Now that my mind is back on track, here's what I've done in the past. 1 machine screw and 2 nut's and 2 washer's that's it. Step one slide the machine screw (of correct # size that fit's best) thru the slotted end of kick down cable then run one nut over the screw until you have just enough slack so the screw and nut can slide freely back and forth along the slot. Follow that with a washer then insert it into the hole of carb linkage lever. Now add the second washer and nut. The goal is to have only the nut's jam tight together while leaving slack to allow the screw to travel freely. Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thanks for jogging my memory Jim. My 307 Glide 69 Malibu seen many changes during all the years I had it.