Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tulsa fri 7/24/09

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by mudflap261, Jul 25, 2009.

1. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

IT WAS ROCKEM SOCKEM FRI NIGHT AT TULSA 348 ROY MERRITT UNLOADED 116/11.71 AND ROBERT TENPENNY DRIVING HEMIBAKER(TODD MARTINS ) CAR WAS RIGHT THERE WITH A 11/72 /115. LATER IN THE NIGHT AS IT COOLED BOTH CARS DROPPED INTO THE 11/60s/117 RANGE.TENPENNY/TODD ( THE TERRIBLE TWOSOME) WERE THE EVENTUAL WINNERS FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW.THE BIG STORY WAS DON ALEXANDER ,DON HAD MADE A CAM CHANGE SINCE THE LAST RACE UNLOADED WITH 12/79/106 AND THEN RAN 12/72 A 12/67 A 12/53 A12/47 AND A 12/50 AT 108. HIS PREVIOUS BEST WAS A 13/67 AT 99 MPH.ALL THE GUYSGAVE HIM A BIG ATTA BOY.NEEDLESS TO SAY DON HAD GRIN A YARD WIDE.I TOOK A NUMBER OF PICS BUT FOR SOME REASON THE CAMERA WONT DOWNLOAD.

2. 348chevy

348chevy

For some reason Robert has my number. I red lighted this time instead of snoozing. Don has really got his car going and he made a timing adjustment and gained 2 tens. He will be there soon just needs to sort out the bugs. My wife and I had a horrible trip home, no taillights on the trailer. I worked on them at a convience store to no avail at midnight then took off on I-44 and hit the 4 ways when a carcame up behind. That was to nerve racking so pulled of in a rest stop until daybreak and then came on home. It was fun at the races even if Robert beat me again, he is a nice guy so I can't begrudge him the win. If we can just get the rest of these guys to put a few nuts and bolts together we would have a great field. Todd is sure beating the drum for this class but I think it is because that old Jimmy just keeps humming down the track and the Studebaker keeps breaking.:D Roy

3. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

348 I am sorry to hear about your troubles on your drive home. I was a bit concerned when you told me you were going to drive all the way back Friday night. (250 miles at Midnight) I am glad you and your wife made it home safe. You had robert that round because he was dead late. We both need to keep our eye on Don he did make some nice gains on his ride Friday Night. The last round I got Robert to change lanes and when I was checking out the lane I knew it was so much better then the one ran in before. I walked back to him and told him to stall it up to 2500 to 2800 or so, the track would hold it. I was standing behind him and he only stalled it to 2000 and it bogged. The Right lane was sticky. We were still thrilled it Ran an 11.45 at 117.73. I think we have a good base line now for weather from 2500 feet to 4000 feet adjusted Alt. We will make a few more small adjustments and see you guys in a few weeks.

4. 10CENTS

10CENTS

Hey guys!!first time on the board. Had a great time friday night,especially with the win. 348chevy is one good car,he's kind of like me though,sleeping or redlightin', can't make up my mind which way to drive!!glad all made it home safe even though hemibaker didn't get his mcdonalds! 10cents

5. CrkInsp

CrkInsp
    from B.A. OK

Sorry for the delay but the 1's and 0's got lost out there some where when I tried to post earlier.

A couple of pics from the race.1 & 2 , Roy Merritt's car. 3 Todd Martin's car driven by Robert Tenpenny. 4, Don Alexander putting the "Tune" on his car.

Attached Files: