Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tuffy does Roundup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kisam, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Doodlrodz

Doodlrodz
    Member Emeritus

Great job on Tuffy you should be very proud.

2. BCR

BCR

Great post, thanks for posting.

3. Cool little read and what a hot rodder you are, congrats !

4. Super post. Thanks for taking the time to share this stuff.

Come hell or high water (and that's always a chance in Houston), I'll be there next year in the 54.

5. kisam

kisam

Thanks everyone! It was a milestone for Tuffy and I. The smile hasn't left my face and the feeling in my rear is starting to come back.:) Seat cushions and carpet are next! Wish I had got to meet more of you and Thottlien (think you real name was Ron?) I was wanting to see your car.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  6. Philbilly

Philbilly

Cool story and pics! Thanks for sharing.

7. Thanks for a really entertaining and fun thread. Sure beats the heck out of the nob-slobbering one about a guy named Jesse. THIS is whats it's all about, congrats !!

8. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Hey, I know those people!:D Didn't even know we were being photographed.

Thanks for posting your trip and pictures kisam .

9. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

My car??? One of your fav's??? You're on your way to being my newest BFF!

And I really like the picture of you layin' on the ground fixin' that pesky clutch fork. A few years ago, my daughter Cristin threw the serpentine belt off her daily-driver Taurus on the way to work in L.A. Whipped into the local AutoZone for a replacement, borrowed their tool, and replaced it in 20 minutes while wearing dress and heels. It was one of the proudest moments of my life!!

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Awesome story. Thanks for the ride!

11. KraQer

KraQer
    from Austin TX

right on right on

12. Didn't even need the standby! Awesome.
    Nice to visit with y'all.
    For me thats what Roundup is all about.

13. Sounds like you had an O.K. time. Sorry I couldn't make it; I know you and thousands of others are disappointed.

14. Kathy= hero
    Tuffy= awesome

15. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Pussy

16. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay
    from Tacoma, WA

Nice trip report.

"home again, home again... jiggity, jig"... HA! Nice.

One of my faves as well.

17. Great post Thanks for the pictures and story. You must be very happy to have made it this year with that great car!

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Kathy you are my new idol!! Tuffy rocks and so do you! I had so much fun just hanging out with you Tanya, Bill, Tim and Mike. While the cars are cool it's the people that make the event so special and your name is at the top of that list. Looking forward to seeing you both sometime this summer.

Wait till you see the roadster he's building. Pure sex.:cool:

I'm crushed:eek::(

I've been trying to talk the girls into attending the Jalopy Showdown for years. May is out for them but maybe, just maybe, we can convince them the July Showdown is not to be missed. Tell'm how awesome the Showdown is.

19. Kathy, I have that same pedal and m/c assembly lying on the floor of my garage waiting to go to Pate! I decided to be lazy and go with an automatic. I know......
    M/C is a rebuilt unit, never had fluid in it yet, and the slave is brand new. If your's turns out to be junk, look me up. Mike

20. kisam

kisam

Richard, you were missed and there was a surplus of Natty in Austin as the beer distributors were waiting for you! We didn't even have anyone to entertain us in the parking lot, but we did see a faceplant at HomeSlice that was most impressive!:)

Mike, thanks buddy! Are your eyes still blue?

Garry, there was nothing about your car that I didn't like! It was just right! I can't wait to see the Pure Sex Roadster! I'm sending you a friend request so we can be BFF's:D.

Denise, I had so much fun hanging with you and thanks for the kind words. If I can switch one day with a co-worker, I can make it to the Jalopy Showdown! Shaggin Waggon here I come!

DRuss thats how we do it in Texas. Just stick your hand out! You should have seen the condition I was in when I met Denise.:eek: Think I was screaming "Are you the cookie lady"? across S Congress about midnight!

Mike, I'll keep that in mind. I was told it had never been used, so we will see

Jerry, we missed you! I didn't see one toolbox with tequilla in it?

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  21. Wow Wee, what a weekend. First off I'd like to say I had a blast and seeing so many of my out-o-town friends, it was like a family reunion.
    Denice, I was hoping you brought some cookies with you, man I was starving :D thanks for the big ol hugs, that's always nice. Got to see my fav gals from Houston too, Kathy and Tanya. I'm sorry I'm so bad with names, great seeing all the guys at the meet and greet.
    Kathy, Tuffy was looking great sorry you had some troubles getting there but, that's hot rodding they say. Look forward to doing it again next year, Take good care everyone.
    Later
    Grits

22. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

23. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

So great that Tuffy made it and delivered Tanya and you safely to the Roundup. Your car looks great and the fact that you are capable of doing the work blows my mind.

Great seeing and hanging with you guys for a bit at the Roundup.

Denise is right, you really need to make it to the Jalopy Showdown.

24. 231ramona

231ramona

I love Tuffy! There's nothing quite like an un-chopped, severely channeled 3 window. I had one years ago and think of it often. I look forward to future posts. Keep us updated.

25. Kathy, you and Tanya are rulers :cool:....and being in the presence of Tuffy...well..that meant as much to me as seeing the Barris Merc ;) Hope all our paths cross again soon :)

26. fredmotorco

fredmotorco

27. kisam

kisam

Gary, so good to see you and Brenda. Your seats made my sore backside happy!;)

That's how I looked all weekend!

I'm going to try to make it! Thanks Vicki, it was good to see you and Ken!

Thanks!

Your too kind Mike. It was great to see you again!

28. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for sharing your adventures hope there are more.

29. greaser

greaser

Just found this thread...Awesome trip!
    Great job showing the goin's-on, and I always love seeing Tuffy. You guys rock!

30. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech