Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tudor Sedan Door Hardware

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by djust, May 4, 2009.

1. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Anybody know where I could get a complete list of door and body hardware needed for a 29 tudor sedan?
    Looking for all the hardware needed for latching and locking both doors.
    Spent some time in Mac's catalog and came up with 53 separate pieces and I know if I just start ordering parts I am going to end up with some stuff I don't need and some stuff I didn't order.
    Shopping cart is already up to $350.00.

I don't have any hardware on the doors except the hinges, and the body B pillar has been stripped of all it's hardware so I don't know what I need.

I emailed customer service at Mac's and the only response was that it's all in the catalog.
    Still waiting on a response back from Snyders.

Any pictures of the door hardware breakdown would be great just don't know where to find them.
    Thanks

2. I always just hi-light what I need in the Snyders catalog. For the best service call Berts Model A in Denver. They can walk you through it.

3. Fogger

Fogger

Try at mikes-afordable.com they have a great inventory and are very easy to deal with. Speciality is Model A parts. The FOGGER

4. 53 parts? that's a lot more than my `28 tudor has

both door jams have a male dovetail...they will slide inside a female dovetail in the door. both door jams also have a striker plate that the door latch (mounted in the door) engages. then you have the rod and inner door handles and outside door handles. drivers side door latch also gets a lock mechanism to lock it. there is also a rubber door bumper kit.

i count 15

5. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

I was counting the screw sets and springs, escutcheons, rubber bumpers.
    I couldn't believe how many parts go into the doors and B pillar.
    Like I said I don't know what I need.
    I will look up Bert's and Mikes.
    I am still holding out hope snyders has a list of just normal original hardware all in one list.
    To bad nobody bundles up door hardware that is needed to complete one door without having to order so many separate part numbers.
    Thanks Guys

6. Snyders does not have the stuff alltogether. Steve at Berts will be yer man.

7. rustrustler

rustrustler

Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy some junk doors with hardware in them? Mike

8. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Would be really hard to find junk doors with good hardware in them!!!!!!!!!!
    I think I will give Steve a call at Berts tomorrow.
    Thanks TMAN