Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tucson area H.A.M.Bers need some info please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xtralow, Dec 5, 2008.

1. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Hey Tucsonians,

Looking for info on the Tucson area, active car scene, good areas for housing, general pros and cons any and all info very much appreciated.

let me here the HAMB opinions on Tucson or surrounding areas.

Thank you, xtra

2. desertdroog

desertdroog

Send a PM to Hot Rod Ron, he was a lifetime resident who now lives in Phoenix.

Meatball lives there as well.

3. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I lived there for 7 years. Right now housing is cheap. There are lots of good areas to live, but stay away from south Tucson.

Lots of car activity includng cruise nights and shows. Lots of car builders.

Pros and cons from my time there; Much more laid back than Phoenix, some of the most beautiful sunsets you will ever see,and great mountains.

On the down side, the laid back attitude means slow moving traffic, nobody is in a hurry to get anywhere, and nobody returns phone calls. The real downside is lower wages and few jobs.

To me, Tucson would be a great place to retire. Oh by the way, if you are thinking about moving there, you should go in July or August to feel what real heat is all about!

4. send me a PM

5. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

pm sent ....... keep the input coming, thanx

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You gotta move here for personal reasons, definetly NOT for money!

I moved here 17 years ago from St.Louis, and really enjoy the natural beauty. I live out of the city, west of the Tucson mountains. I get my sunsets and quiet, and the I-10 is only 12 minutes away!

Aint nothing perfect anywhere you go, this fits me well though. I love the weather and even in summer isn't so bad (minimal humidity).

Car scene is VERY active.
    Coming from St.Louis, restaurants and live music are, well, hmmmm... lets just say more to choose from back there. Downtown tends to close up early, which is fine 'cause parking sucks!
    Thats probably why we have a very good car scene!

Send me a PM and I can give you more details.

Always room for one more............

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Let me give you a brief tour of our backyard...........

This is why we live here!:cool:

Attached Files:

8. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I moved here from a lot of places..Chicago born. I have been here since I was 24 years old..but travelled a lot. I just kept coming back..love this place.
    Jobs do not pay as well as larger cities..yet cost are lower. The views..the ability to ride and drive..work on your car all year is a great feature of course.
    Mountain roads..up Mt Lemon to 9000 ft...or out to Sonoita..Tombstone on some of the best roads anywhere..
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes you just got to stop to take it all in..

The other side of town..far north east at the base of Mt Lemon.

9. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Here for all of my 69 years..had chances, but never wanted to move. PM me if I can help. Really consider the drive to work carefully.

10. :DReminds me of the young fella who approached the old man sitting on the park bench & asked him if he had lived here all his life? Well the old man says with a grin - not yet! :D

11. MissPrint

MissPrint

Is the nightmare they call the I-10 still torn up beyond allllll recognition?

12. Solidaxel

Solidaxel

Of course, how else are we going to get you to see all of the city on the frontage road!!!

13. AF/X

AF/X

Check out sierra vista, az if you are not completly set on tucson. 1 hour from tucson. Pm me for more info! 10 degrees cooler than tucson. Nice community!!!

Rob

14. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

I have lived here all my life (35 yrs) I have no intentions of leaving. It is great here. Why are you thinking of coming here?

15. squirrel

squirrel

hey Rob...shhhhh....it's a secret....

I grew up in Tucson, 60s-70s, it was a fun place. I moved down here to Sierra Vista 25 years ago, and I really like the small town atmosphere here...although we gotta drive 75 miles to Tucson or 200 miles to Phoenix if we want any excitement, because there sure ain't any here.

16. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

job transfer, dont need to transfer, but if I want to I can and I do not need to live in tucson, Phoenix is also an option but wanted more info about Tucson first.