Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to figure out a movie title?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Baggs, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Baggs

Baggs

So this is going to be kind of broad. when i was probably 8 or 9. which would have been around 1990 or so, i was at a buddies house and his dad put in a hotrod movie. and i believe it had a 57 chevy in it. and the parts i can remember were, the car was burried/hidden under a football field or something like that. and either the character, or the car had a device that would change the streetlights from red to green.. if anyone knows what movie i might be talking about, please let me know. this has been buggin me for a long long time, thanks

baggs

2. SWANKEY1

SWANKEY1
    from Venice ca

I was born in 68 , 1990 ? a blurrrr..

3. Baggs

Baggs

Funny, i was born in 83, and 1990....was a blurr......probably for different reasons im sure!! haha

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

The movie is called Catch me if u can , and not the one with tom hanks ,you'll have to do a little searching but it's out there, it's one of my fav movies of all times. Good luck

5. thebugbox

thebugbox

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

That's the one !!!!!!!!!!!

7. It was pretty cheesy, M. Emmet Walsh was the only recognizable actor, as Johnny Phatmun, the bad guy.

8. flip7262

flip7262
    from Minnesota

I actually knew this one. I have a copy of it, watch it once in a while. Good movie and local for me as well. I know most of the locations they are talking about.

Junkyard

9. Baggs

Baggs

thanks guys, that is exactly what i was thinking. im going to have to go and find it now!!

10. Baggs

Baggs

shoot, i didnt even know it was shot here in MN. now im definatly going to have to find it.

11. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

holy crap , see what car movies will do to a young kid . Then comes addiction . Crying out loud be careful.

12. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

I got this far and new EXACTLY what movie it was.:D

13. Squablow

Squablow

Super cheezy and low budget and great. The VHS has been out of print forever, but there are quite a few torrents of it out there.

14. screen shots from movie... 57 changes color after car wash to custom painted one.:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  15. Baggs

Baggs

Wish i could somehow find it on dvd, or see if i can borrow it from someone who has it on dvd. would love to watch it again.

16. Gigantor

Gigantor

There's cool cat on the HAMB who specializes in hard to find DVDs like this... let me see if I can find him for you...

His screen name is Coolstuff. He sent me some great stuff I had been looking for forever for a very fair price.

17. Baggs

Baggs

Thanks, ill check him out!

18. thebugbox

thebugbox

Go to YouTube and search. There's a guy on there selling them in DVD

19. 123

from Seattle

Also the same movie that they stole a scene out of for one of the Fast and Retarded movies. In Catch me if you can it was the scene where all the tri-fives drive out of the car wash at the same time and in the Fast and Retarded movie all the imports did the same thing.

The torrent for Catch Me If You Can along with the original Hot Rod 1979 and a bunch of other car movies are available on Vuze......if your into that sorta thing :rolleyes:

20. Geez, and I thought I was a fountain of useless information.

21. crap now i'm trying to remember another one from the 80's, an older guy returns to town (he used to be the fastest car in his high school days), the new fast guy (in a 68/69 chevelle?) wants to race. when he says no the young guy takes his daughter (which he was seeing her anyhow). old guy goes and "un earths" his 55/56 chevy and the old mechanic said "i knew you'd come, i kept it tuned up for you", they race and the guy in the chevelle hits a bulldozer........????????

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  22. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

That one sounds really familiar, but I have no idea.

23. russnunn

russnunn
    from Florida

believe it or not I actually have a copy of it can not remember where I downloaded it from. I also remember the other movie with the chevelle iI wish I could find out the name of that one.

24. ooooo i remembered more, the chevelle guy put a small scull with flashing red eyes on the dash when they raced........was it brad pitt?

25. thebugbox

thebugbox

26. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That's the one. It's weird seeing a now-famous actor in such a B movie.

(BTW, you can watch the whole thing on YouTube.)

27. Troyz

Troyz

Hey Baggs, the guy that sets up & sells dvd (used to be VHS) movies at the shows out here on the west coast has it. I could pick you up a copy at the hot rod reunion Oct 15th if you don't already have it by then. Let me know. Troy

28. Baggs

Baggs

Thanks, i will let you know. im still looking for it locally to see if i can pick it up. i know there is a big swap meet coming up here in St Paul. so im hoping one of those guys with all the dvds will be there. but i will let you know. thanks baggs

29. Ok, here´s another one. It´s the story of a girl who steals cars and then uses the money she gets to buy a Ferrari - which she burns at the end of the movie.

30. sinks88

sinks88