Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical True Survivor 32 5 window 50 yrs off the road !!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Limey Steve, Nov 11, 2009.

1. SO SWEEEET! Nothin's finer than a traditional old Deuce 5W Coupe! Thanks for the story and pics Steve!

2. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Man,isn't that the truth? Not overbuilt and accesorized with a bunch of "rare" bolt ons. These cars never went out of style,and never will.

3. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

HC That's what I'm talking about .

4. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I've been asked about the tires, they are Atlas Bucron 6.75 x 15 & 8.20 x 15 sold through Union Oil we were told . They are still soft after 50 years on stands in a garage, amazing.

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a beaut.

6. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I can't wait to put the hood on but Doug said it looks like an old lady car with the hood on lol

7. rchandler

rchandler

Slight correction to Steve's post about the tires: they are Atlas Bucrons but they were available through Standard Oil dealers. Atlas, I believe, was Standard's house brand for filters, belts, tires, batteries, etc. At least it was when I worked at the local Chevron station from 1974 to 1978. The tires themselves date from probably about 1958.

He's right about the hood, though. I'm trying to decide whether to run the car with or without the hood.

8. My vote....run the hood. Fits the style and era of the build.

9. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow so many old builds are still out there. Dont know if its been mentioned above but please consider replacing the tyres, even if they are soft. Would hate to see your budy get hurt after all the work that has gone into this.

10. That is incredible! Great car and great story.

Can't wait to she it with the hood.

11. bruce brady

bruce brady

I just bought a nice real Henry steel 5W body and plan to keep it old skool full fendered just about like yours-- Like the whole theme and stance!

12. Well done Steve, looks like you didn,t fuck up! Ha ha ha.
    Such a beautiful car.
    Thanks for sharing.

13. Von Franco

Von Franco

14. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

nice car,,,still wipeing drool...

15. Very much cool.

16. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Doug came to pick up his Coupe today & riding shot gun was Randy , his father & builder of this bitchin Coupe. What a nice pair of Guys, Randy said he didn't chop it or even fill the grill shell because he couldn't afford to as he was in School when he built the car . It was a chicken coupe when he got it, door & trunk open for the chickens, he scraped the chicken shit out with a putty knife. This car has so many memories attached it was a true honor to play a small part in getting it back on the street.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. cool old hotrod and story. you got to love history. good work steve.
    Al.

18. Nice work Steve. It would great to see some pics of Randy with his coupe back in the old days. I love seeing a guy and his car stay together for life, and its fun to see a car (especially a Deuce!) that stays the same with only the owner getting older and then passing it on to his son. It doesn't get any better than that!

19. bonesy

bonesy

Now that's cool!

20. The car just speaks for itself. Doesn't need any explanation. Classic hot rod. Timeless.

21. Burny

Burny

Steve, Thanks for posting. I saw the car when you had it at Bob's a few weeks back. Just plain bitchin'...

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thats awesome Steve ! Just badass ! 1932 Ford five window coupe. Best looking car ever made !

23. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Great to see they are still making their way out! When you are ready to do the mustang II front end and jag rear, i will come and pick up the old junk for scrap value......
    just awesome. Love these kind of stories. how do you get involved with all the Nice cars!

24. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

How the hell did I miss this post:confused::confused:

Great looking car. Love those full fendered coupes:cool:

25. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

There are some really great cars around , were just lucky to get involved with a few.I'm glad everyone gets Doug's Coupe, it is the first car I've coveted that has come through the shop. It was great meeting the original builder of such a perfect Hot Rod that was built by a "school kid" He kept it all those years & then it gets passed to his son , who also "gets it" . Long may it remain in the family & on the road, just as it is now.[​IMG]

26. sr

sr
    from Monterey

nice guy + nice cars+ nice parts+ nice work = Limeworks.

27. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Cheers sr , I do prefer the coupe with the hood on too,it looks more complete .

28. freebird101

freebird101

hood or not it is awesome

29. fef100

fef100

An original hot rod as a family heirloom. Absolutely fantastic!!!!

30. Great pics & story

Steve - that geezer looks like your twin brother