Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

thank you pdunn10. enloe heres the current state of the fiat. This car was ran locally around the Memphis area with a blown BBC on Nitro. I do not have a lot of history on the car but am hopeful ill be getting more soon.

[​IMG]

2. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

one from the back

[​IMG]

3. Man! I NEVER get tired of seeing your truck! I absolutely LOVE IT!

4. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Thank you! Me and this ol' girl have spent many, many miles together and were just getting started. This was my first car/truck and I plan on it being with me til' im gone.
    Im doing some rear suspension work on it now but hope to have it back out by the end of summer.

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Looks good with the 58 front fenders and grill!

There is a facebook group for 57-60 Fords and Mercs, handy if you need anything. https://www.facebook.com/groups/57to60fords/

6. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Man, that lttle Fiat is awesome. I bet it looked real mean when it had that big hole in the hood filled with whatever was powering it.

7. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

Cool! Nice set up! How it run with the 4,11 on the highway?
    Me 2 i got an 89 crown so im going to swap the 302+ AOD, up rear i got a 8,8 3,73 from an explo!

JUNK

8. Cla99ude

Cla99ude
    from usa

9. He is my latest truck project - my wife surprised me with it for Father's Day!

Its a 1966 Chevy C10 with a 454 and TH400 out of a 1972 Chevelle.

All I have done so far is wash it and start to dream of how I want to proceed with the project.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. `50 Spartanette

`50 Spartanette

here is my (still not completely finished) pride & joy ;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry, she is not entirely HAMB friendly :eek:,
    but she is built especially for long distance travel , so i "compromised" some things for comfort :rolleyes:
    (like using a newer MDT air ride chassis, air ride cab/sleeper etc)

the cab is from a 1952 "Diamond T" model "722" (ex Santa Fe FD pumper engine)
    the sleeper is all aluminum and a complete "new" construction, built entirely out of the salvaged parts of a 1954 "Spartan Mansion" trailer

the rounded bed is made out of the chassis parts and roof bows of a salvaged 1969 Airstream
    (btw the crane is only for yard work and can be detached for traveling ;) )

she already consumed ~6500 rivets for the assembly :eek: (and she is still not completely finished)

[​IMG]

Bama Jama likes this.
  11. Guess I'll throw mine into the mix, '46 and '47 Chevy:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fasttoys

12. navyboy

navyboy

I have the original silver diamond 220 in the 51'.

13. painteralg

painteralg
    from New Mexico

Here's the one I just finished for my wife.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
    exterminator likes this.
  14. ^^^ damn that shit is stunning!!!^^^

15. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Wow! What a Badass Duo! Very Nice!:D

16. Ok, heres my newest addition to the collection. The weather was great till I got the truck on the trailer, now its pouring down rain and this is the only picture I have till it lets up a bit.

The truck is a 1953 Dodge B4B 1/2 ton, I think its the longer 116 wheel base. I bought the truck from the grand-daughter (now a grandmother herself) of the original owner. The truck is local here and never traveled more then 50miles from home. Her uncle took the train to detroit in 1953 to pick the truck up and drive it across contry to deliver it to his dad. I got a shoe box full of picture slides from the day the old dodge showed up in the driveway, along with every licencing slip and recept to the truck. I also got every old licence plate from 1953 to 1979 since washington changed the plate styler ever 5 years or so. The truck was stuck in the lean-to next to the barn in the early 70's when the owner died and the relatives who inherited the property didn't have any interest in the truck.

[​IMG]

Enough of the family history, the truck itself has 56,000 miles, all the original wheels and hub caps and the spare tire still has the rotted original tire on the rim. The engine has never been apart, and I really don't think it was ever cleaned either. It had atleast 1/2inch of grease built up on everything, so im hoping that was a good preservative while it was sitting most of its life. The engine turns over fine after I dropped a new 6-volt battery in and built about 25lbs of oil pressure. I did pull plugs and squirt some oil down the cylinders and rotated everything bu hand 1st. The fuel pump even filled the glass filter with the brown varnish that is in the tank, so im thinking after I change oil, degrease and do the normal pre-start tune up that this truck might start and run with minimal work.

17. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I've never seen one of those with the park lights not broken!

I use a 52 1 ton long box as my snow plow and yard truck, amazingly reliable truck, it even starts in -50!

18. everything on the old truck works with battery power, I even has the speaker in the dash, just no radio hooked up to it.

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

They all had the speaker grill, are you sure there is a speaker in it?

In my opinion these are great trucks, I have 4 of them, they don't rust much, they are easy to work on, tough as nails, and I like the looks!

20. it does have the "Deluxe" interior, so it should have the radio. At some point it must have died and some one pulled it out along with the controls on the bottom of the dash.

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

Fired mine up for the first time after yanking the engine and going through the entire truck:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CNSevXFdG_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

22. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Possum JR., love the truck and the color. Paint code? I have a 59 buick I would like to paint that color. TP

23. Apittslife

Apittslife

Nail Head,
    Beautiful Truck, even in the rough!

24. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

To be honest I do not have a paint code. My Dad is a painter and we just took a regular old blue he had on the shelf and we kept tenting and tenting until we got it exactly how I wanted and we started spraying. Closest color Ive seen to matching it is a "Hot Hues" color called "Blue Mood" its really really close.

25. painteralg

painteralg
    from New Mexico

Thank you 65PANELRAT you haven't them in town?

26. Scout730

Scout730
    from Tennessee

My 63 ford f100

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

27. jchav62

jchav62

CHINGON!!!!!! I want to see it in person... Nice job. :cool:

28. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

29. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

30. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I like dodges, yours is very nice, parts are hard to find though yeah?