Register now to get rid of these ads!

truck owners... show me your behinds...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnum Wheel Man, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

looking for some bumper / back end inspiration for my 46 Studie pick up... was thinking, I have alot of detailed vision of what the rest of the truck will look like, but I have no idea what I want the back of my truck project to look like ( there is currently no bumper )...

I'm going to just roll pan the front, but would like a rear bumper / reciever hitch on the back... totally no clue what I want it to look like... need some inspiration

2. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Just make sure that you cover the plumbers crack!

3. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

BTW... not looking to specifically copy anything... I like to do my own thing... just need some inspiration... I think I have a good idea for the bumper... just looking for ways to tie everything together

got the plumbers crack cover though... ;)

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev

Not mine and the truck is obviously pretty street roddy and not traditional but the bumper treatment shows a lot of thought and detail.

[​IMG]

5. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

thanks for posting the picture

6. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Back end of my 50. Simple

Attached Files:

7. With the roadster direction you are going I would go more towards something like these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

Thanks DUDE... one of my ideas was to take a standard front bumper ( maybe the front bumper from this truck, since I wasn't planning on using it on the front ) & incorporate it into the rear... my 38 Nash originally had what they called a gravel guard... something similar might look good

9. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I made all that crap, gate, Bumper is 53 belair rear, over rider is 50 Chev, filler pannel was 50 Buick quarters.

10. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

GASSER... that was kinda my other thought... since the front grill has ribs running up & down, I thought about something like a double tube bumper, with 9/16" or 5/8" rods going between the horizontal tubes, that simulate the grill rods

( I want to make a stand alone new front grill that is the same size & shape as the original, but uses like 3/8" rods, instead of the stamped sheet metal )... if I did this, the rear bumper style I mentioned above might look nice...

keep them coming guys, as I said, I have no clue yet, what I want the back end to look like