Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trip Down Memory Lane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MyOldBuick, Dec 26, 2006.

1. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Here's a few pics I took from the past Christmas holiday. I guess photos are in my blood as these oldies from my great-grandfather can prove. It's neat to connect with the past . . . check out the 19398 Hudson manual or the Buss fuses display. The Coca-Cola ad was from a 1914 Peoples Home Journal. Wild huh? I've gotta go over and get some decent scans of those old photo-plate negatives.

Attached Files:

2. I did a search for old photos and this is the closest thing to what I had...

I worked on a book for the Largo Historical Society and one of the pics showed our glorious downtown probably around 1952 ( I'm guessing because the black paint on the '51 Ford is still shiny, the FL sun will cook that off pretty quick). The Largo Drugs was owned by the guy I rent my barn from now. All of these buildings in the picture are still there, except the Pure gas station by the RR tracks.

Attached Files: