Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-power for Vortec 350

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by historynw, Oct 17, 2009.

1. historynw

historynw

I want to put tri-power setup on my SBC engine as part of my 47 Chevy project. I found a company Automotion that offers a complete sytem turnkey with old school styling. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to doing the conversion. My immediate plan is take the car across the country next season. They use Rochester carbs. Any ideas out there guy? Has anyone used this company? Thanks.

http://www.hotrodcarbs.com/3deuce.php

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. cretin

cretin

I'm doing the same on my daily. I have never used hotrodcarbs.com but I have heard good things about them.

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

4. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Edelbrock makes the manifold. The carbs are rochester. You can source this stuff almost anywhere, even summit and jegs.

I have heard good things about their service and support, too.

One of the pros is cruising on a 2 bbl. One of the cons is mainatining and tuning 3 carbs in addition to the cost involved.

5. Jimv

Jimv

Theres not much to tune on the outter carbs, there secondaries! Its just adjusting the middle one, very easy.
    jimB

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  6. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Just got mine back from DICKSHOTRODSHOP posted pics over the weekend on the HAMB you can look them up.
    He is great to deal with and his work looks great.
    Don't have the engine yet but it's killing me to run some fuel through them.

7. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Must be some of those rare universal jets that provide the correct mixture on any application. I otta get me some of those! ;)

8. Jimv

Jimv

Funny i didn't get any "magic" jets.GM know better then us what to use, so i kept what they had in my carbs, converted them over to secondaries myself. And that allowed me more time on the HAMB to act like i know what i'm talking about!!
    I converted them 5 yrs ago , made my own progressive linkage from a post here on the HAMB & haven't touched them since!! Plugs come out nice & Tan, just like they should!!
    JimV