Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri power cam help!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhiteDevil, Sep 1, 2009.

1. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Well im looking at getting a 66' 327 for my 31 coupe. It has fuelie heads and 10:1 comp. My question that I really need help on is it also comes with a comp 292 cam....(advertised duration 292-duration at .50 is 244 with a lift of .501 with 1.5 roller rockers) My question is will this cam work/idle well with a tripower setup and what vacuum problems will I encounter and what can I do about it. It will be a 3x2 tripower/edelbrock intake (progressive) with rochester 2g's outside being dumpers. Help and let me know how this setup will work...it will have a pretty rough idle with this cam which I dont mind at all but will it idle thats the question....thats where you guys come in..please help/opinions!

2. panic

panic

How well it idles will depend on how well you understand carburetors.

3. Vacume?
    You won't have any.......well maybe a little, like 6"to7" at 850 RPM.
    My '36 with a similar setup runs swell but the power brakes suck even with a reserve can.
    Low end torque is weak in the 327 but in a 350 it's got a nice wallop to it.
    Been there, done it, love it.

4. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

The question is more less about the setup....the tripower should idle ok with a cam on the more "radical" idle according to the description but will there be any huge downsides to the low vacuum and will the progressive carb setup be good for the setup (rochester 2g's somewhere around 350cfm) will the center carb be enough fuel for a motor over 350horse? Any ideas/opinions would help!