Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Gassers...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CDN34Pickup, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Good shiver! Definately. Kind of the feeling you get in the first shot of the drag race scene at the end of American Graffiti.
    The car the backround, the whole bit...its just a great picture.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

There were a lot of 4-door wagons raced back when I was doing the drag racing schtick in the late 60's/early 70's...always wondered why until someone told me they got better weight transfer to the rear wheels when jacked up in the front...nothing wrong with a 4-door gasser, besides it's your car...do what you want and to hell with what everyone else thinks!

Richie...many thanx for the compliment!

R-

3. CDN34Pickup

CDN34Pickup

^^^Yeah thanks for the opinion....I just don't know wether I should do a Fleetline Chev kustom or the 57 wagon. The 57 is defibatley more cost effective as it is 4 g's cheaper then the fleetline i want to buy. I could have the 57 DONE for that much...:confused:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Mike, I might have pulled a few from your site, hope you don't mind, thanks!!!

5. Here are a few of those

Attached Files:

aussie57wag and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Here's a '57 150 I found for sale... the 150 Models are a little rare these days... and the '57 is just plain cool...

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/87163095.html

This '57 150 with a 348 and a 4spd in it was posted a while back... it's just plain BITCHEN...

Sam.

[​IMG]

7. CDN34Pickup

CDN34Pickup

^^^That's a good ride height for a Street car IMO. I have seen some get too high and it just looks wrong.

8. hell no , grab all you like ,the intent is to spread the GASSER word,most except the show pics are robbed myself :D , the only thing i have to say is that IF you try to sell any, somebody is likely to get the legal kind of upset :eek:

9. Shakey, that 55 makes my pee pee tingle! That is my ultimate wet dream, 55 Chevy post, flat black, lotta motor, bad attitude, 0 to speeding ticket in no time. Damn cool!-MIKE:cool: :D

10. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

check radir wheels site,,they got some killer 55s

11. Mr. Shakey Puddin' sir... what brand tire and what size are you running up front? They look tall, like an old Pro-Trac... but aren't too wide...

Sam.

12. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Thanks for all the compliments on my car! :)

Sam,
    The front tires are Mickey Thompson ET Front drag tires. 27.5" tall.
    I have been thinking of switching to the old Moroso 7.60's that are 29". The have a better look, the small pie crust near the top, and are also safe at high speed.

13. Short Bull

Short Bull

Hello Shakey Puddin,
    If I'm not mistaken, didnt' your 55 sport some 15X4 Motor Fly's at one time?
    Here's another pic, which i do not recall where I got it from.
    [​IMG]

14. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Hey ShortBull, nope that's not my car. But I have seen that one and love the attitude with the str8 axle.

Here is my 55 when it had the magnesium Motor Fly's. I bet I'll regret selling those someday.

[​IMG]

15. Short Bull

Short Bull

I knew tha straight axle wasnt yours, trust me i watched it on TLB. Awesome.Recollect the 57? Might still be runnin Florida .....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Shakey Puddin', if you ever get a hankerin' to sell the front slot mags... give me a hollar! I'm toying with what i want to run, and those satisfy my hankerin' for what a wheel should be...

What motor you runnin'?
    Sam.

17. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

477ci BBC, 990 iron heads, Hilborn alky stack injection.

I had to pay a grip for the front wheels and they are no name.

I'm more proud of the rears....they are super rare Ansen 15x12s!!

18. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

Holy smokes John!!! You are the man! Dag gone, I love you......

Did you leave McD's early the other night? This car, when it left, put on one heck of a show......the crowd was lined up on both sides of the street watching people do burn outs and hard launches. When, all of a sudden, everyone heard a LOUD engine fire. The whole crowd forgot about whomever was doing a burn out at the time and turned around to see what it was. It was this car. He let it warm up for a bit and then crawled out on the strip to do his thing......I litterally had dreams about this car and my buddy called to talk to me about it the next day. He had just mentioned about two weeks ago about building an all out drag car and this car may have swayed him to something a bit more traditional.

the only thing negative I can say about it, I wish it had some more traditional meats on the back......little too big for me...

Thanks!

Great thread BTW!

19. ShortBus

ShortBus

mmmm gasserlicious

Here's more of the Rainbow Warrior that Ironworks posted, so named for the stripes on the lid.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one belongs to the same guy. Yeah, the lucky bastige has TWO. both with beeeeg brocks!
    [​IMG]

20. Conder

Conder

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................good lord.

21. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Ricky, that inky blue 55 is SWELLL!

22. CDN34Pickup

CDN34Pickup

Thanks for the pics guys, it has been a big help. Up for more!

23. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

here is mine , see you at MOKAN

Attached Files:

24. Dragracer, that bay is sweeeeeet!-MIKE:D

25. Awesome post/thread! Thanks to everyone.

26. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......................good lord.[/QUOTE]

Put you in mind of the "Folsum Flash" from years ago...not the current setup.
    what a great picture that is!

27. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

follow my fotki site for nearly 1000 tri five gasser pics...

I enjoyed the others that are being posted. It is great to see some of the vintage drag photos that people come up with...

28. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Not a Chevy but does this count??

[​IMG]

316ci , hydro trans, 456 Posi 9.25" rear
    It's a surviving 1960's race car

29. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Thanks for the pic's! KEEP THEM COMING!:D