Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five bucket seat adaptors? Anybody make them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasserlouie, May 6, 2012.

1. Ive heard of someone or some shop selling bolt in adaptors (universal) that bolt in the original bench seat location on 55-57 chevys, that you can then adapt your bucket seat of choice to them. Just wanting to save some time from fabricateing my own. Thanks in advance.

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

getting fat and lazy?

3. Why yes, yes I am Bob! Ive burnt so much metal in the project that its gotta weigh 100lbs more than it did stock? LOL BUT, at least Im not farming all the work out! Getting down and dirty like most everybody else!!!!

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

5. snaptwo

snaptwo

You might look over on www.trifive.com , I saw those either in Eckler's or Danchuck's catalog. I don't know your taste in seats but early SS seats look right , hi-backs just look right in a tri five IMOA.

6. Ive got some 64 Corvair, same seat as SS Impala, less trim. Thought Danchuk had them, cant find them. Will try Ecklers, thanks.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus

Check Speedway's NEW Catalog out. Page 187 has Universal Seat Mounting Frame, Slider Mounts for bucket seats. Same page has PROCAR SEATS Rally series lowback vinyl and Speedways own brand low back rally seat.

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

GL, I have all those catalogs if you need me to look

I like the PROCAR seats. Had them in the primered Willys

9. Cerberus

Cerberus

Here is the Speedway univ bucket seat frame/slider. $50.00 for the kit.

Attached Files:

10. davidh73750

davidh73750

I saved some corvair seats too. 66 model I was told they were wider than chevelle. Are impala seats wider than chevelle??

11. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I know some guys on Corvair forum posted they are using the Chevelle/Impala foam seat buns to rebuild their seats. up to 66 the buckets in Corvair are supposedly the same as the rest of the GM line buckets seats for the year.67-69 are supposedly the same as Camaro for those years. I'm not talking about the upholstery patterns but the seat structures themselves the frames and foam buns.The seat tracks may not be the same.

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I have a very nice set of 63-64 Impala bucket seats
    with the chrome all the way around the edge..
    look great in a 55

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I have heard of everything now. Adapters for bucket seats?

14. These seats are WIDE! Ive got to check my sons 63 Impala seats to see if they are the same or not.