Register now to get rid of these ads!

transmission problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mysteryman, Dec 1, 2012.

1. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

first of all i haven't been on hear in a while so i hope everyone is doing good.i need help i have a turbo 350 the other day i put it in drive and sounded like something broke and started making a terrible sound(like something tumbling around in it).of couse it wouldn't pull.i pulled it in low and it went into gear,manually shifted through all the gears and it worked fine.came to a stop and it started making that sound again(so i manually pulled it down in low).as long as i manually shift it it works fine it only seems to mess up in the auto shifting part of the trans.anybody with any thoughts.

2. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Sprag is broke. You hold it with the low reverse clutch in manual range so that is why it works in L1. It needs to come apart. Broken pieces are floating around inside your trans. Pull the pan and you will likely see the evidence.

3. 68vette

68vette

If it did not have the noise....I had that problem once with my old 51 ford with turbo 350 in it.....it was a rubber hose that came off the trans....worked fine as long as I manually shifted it.