Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Transmission and Quick Change Questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BHR301, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Want to tax your memory..in the early 60's I had a conversion kit for a Chevrolet (55 or later) 3 speed transmission that converted to a floor shift transmission. I am not talking about a floor shifter (like Hurst) I am talking about a complete new case for the Chevy gears that mounted a shift lever on top just like an early Ford, had a regular Chevy bolt pattern on the front and used the Chevy tail shaft. Does anyone out there remember who made it? I had it in the box for several years but sold it when I got real heavy into drag racing..Also does anyone remember a quick change unit that bolted in the front of a Chevy rear axle housing? I remember that you just dropped the driveshaft, removed the cover and changed the gears just like any other quick change.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

It was in HRM mid '50s - called it an X shift or something.

3. That might very well be it..trouble with old age is CRS..I remember having it around my shop for several years but never used it..