Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional shows 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Baggs, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Baggs

Baggs

Anyone know of any good traditional shows this summer in or near the mpls/st. paul area!! I know the messaround is good, but i heard that might not happen this year. Any ideas would be great

thanks

Jason

2. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How near? Near is a relative term for some of us. Torquefest, Symco Shakedown, Iron Invasion, The Rust Revival are pretty close to you in my opinion. Anything less than 12 hours is a day trip though. Check out the Independent Syndicate for some shows around the midwest.

3. Baggs

Baggs

When I say near Im talking within an hour. Great suggestions though!!!

4. Lmao. Within an hour? I don't know if I went to any good shows last year that were less than an hour drive.
    All the shows worth going to are worth driving to.

5. KKOA in wisconsin google is a friend

6. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

The KKOA show in Stevens Point WI. About 4hrs. from the twin cities. First time for this event. Hope you can show your support so it stays an annual show. Check it out at www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com. :cool::cool::cool:

Attached Files:

7. Right on!

8. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

"Within an hour".... you can't even drive across the Twin Cities within an hour. Time to expand your range.

9. Speed~On

Speed~On

Come on Baggs...live a little. If you own the car in your avitar you should have no problem getting out to some shows, even if you have to drive a little, it'll make it.

Vintage Torque Fest, Maquoketa, IA May 4,5

Hunnert Heads Up Union Grove, WI June 16

MSRA Back To The 50's St. Pual, MN June 22-25

KKAO Car Show Stevens Point, WI Aug 17-19

Chearterama Nite Owl Drive-Inn Milwaukee, WI Aug 25

Rumble Fest Amherst, WI Aug 31 - Sept 2

Iron Invasion Woodstock, IL Oct 6

10. Come on up..............Garage tour, pinewood derby races, camping.......and some drinking.:D

Attached Files:

11. One of my favorites!

Attached Files:

12. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Hey....HAMB-sters show up at 50,s we lovem all

13. Don't forget the Meltdown Drags July 21 & 22 at Byron, Il. There is a place to show pre-72 American cars, and you can witness real VINTAGE drag racing the way it really was :D

14. You could make a week vacation out of it and hit Symco and KKOA since they are so close together in distance and time. We will probably allow camping the week after Symco on the grounds for very reasonable if anyone is interested.

15. Scrap Drive #6, Belvidere, Illinois June 9th this year, no rain!

16. Baggs

Baggs

Ok guys, dont be hating on me that quick. I do own the car in my avatar also. I have no problem traveling out further than the cities. My car is more than capable. The problem is i only have so much vacation time i can use for long weekends. I would love to travel out to alot of those shows! Just cant use the time i have for just car shows. My wife and i are trying for a kid and i need to save as much time as possible for when that happens. Thats why i was looking for something that is a one day show within an hour or two that i could hit during the weekend.

Baggs

17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Baggs......
    we have more MN pre registrations than IL!
    So find some of those fellow Minnesotans and drive down.
    If you are unable to take off Friday - then head down after work on Friday.
    Like it or not - you gotta wait a while for Back to the 50s

18. Speed~On

Speed~On

Hey Baggs,
    Not sure if you are a member of the Minnesota Street Rod Association or not. The club has a monthly publication called the Line Chaser. I think a lot of the MN shows may be printed in there. Also, if you live near the western suburbs (Mound/Minnetonka area) every Thursday evening there is a great little cruise-in at the Mound Drive-in. Lots of cool cars show up. I will talk to my father, he is in the area and see whats on tap for this year around MN. I'll try and get you a PM with an update.

Yes, save your vacation time and money if you are planning on a child, you're going to need it! I have an 18 month old little ankle biter, GREATEST thing I ever did!

Hope to see you at Back To The 50's!! June will be here soon....