Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Traditional leak

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1great40, Jul 3, 2014.

1. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

My 40 PU is not quite traditional, but I have a traditional problem. The windshield leaks, not much but when I wash the truck, there will be a little drip at the base of the windshield, enough for a drop to make it down the dash. Sometimes when driving in the rain, I'll get a little water coming in as well. I did try a silicone windshield sealer, but if it worked, I wouldn't be making this post, would I?

I'm sure this is something some of you guys have tackled and solved before. Any suggestions would be helpful, including ones on how to search for topics like this.

Thanks!

2. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Although my past two 40's have not leaked with no sealant on the windshield rubber seal, my current 40 did. I had the local old style glass guy seal it. He used a butyl rubber caulk type of sealant that has eliminated the leak so far. He put it behind the rubber lip on top to about half way down the sides, then he put it in the top of the lower lip of the seal to about half way up. Cleaned it up and it does not show.

3. stimpy

stimpy

had one that drove me batty on one car , come to find out it was the pinch weld was allowing the water to move around( the actual leak was on the side but the water pressure from the hose or air allowed it to move to the top around the frame ) we fixed it with a little hammering and gorilla snot .

4. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

Thanks, I'm going to try this!