Register now to get rid of these ads!

traditional hot rods and kustoms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lunatic, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

can anyone tell me who started the "traditional" part of hot rods and kustoms and in what year this type of wording started,this question may sound dumb but I just wanted this to be clarified for all to hear. [​IMG]

2. Anderson

Anderson

i understand your attempt at humor....

but this is still retarted.

3. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

I wasn't joking I was asking a real question

4. swazzie

swazzie

Wouldn't you rather talk about ratrods?swaZZie

5. metalshapes

metalshapes

I was talking to an Old Fella the other day, and he showed me the early Halibrand Quick Change in his Race Car.
    He told me it had late model Lincoln axles in it.
    Which to him ment about mid 50s.
    I bet he could answer your question...

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

You're right. My shoebox will always be my "late model".

7. Anderson

Anderson

dude.....don't you know how to build a Volks-rat-rod??? It's the WHEELS that are supposed to be red, and the BODY is supposed to be black. You've got it all wrong!!!

[​IMG]

8. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Me thinks traditional hot rods and customs started about 1897 when design and build started on the first sucessful motor car, or, as they were called "back in the day" Horseless Carriages. [​IMG]

9. JamesG

JamesG

It started when Ryan created this board. Now the whole world is jumping on the bandwagon. [​IMG]

10. Lemme see. Get a model A body, set it on a model A frame, find a used-up old flathead, add a 39 tranny, a '40 rear end, a 4" dropped front end, make sure ya got the Larynx, er, Zephyr gears in it all, juice brakes from a 42-48 Ford, add a '40 Deluxe steering wheel, 15 or 16" wheels, reversed is all the "modifications" yer allowed. Keep it in primer, and be sure those wheels are RED. Any cast aluminum parts for the engine will add brownie points at the car meet.

OR, buy a new '32 roadster, buy a new 32 frame, buy a new crate SBC or 350/350 combo. Ford 9" rear end, So Cal Front end or Pete and Jakes front end. It is especially important that you keep this body and frame combination as glossy black as possible. Polished Torq-Thrust 2 wheels and blackwalls, but be sure you get that 4" front end again, and the So-Cal catalog accessories that go with it all.

Don't forget the So-Cal varsity jacket. That's traditional, too.

Sheesh [​IMG]