Register now to get rid of these ads!

TPS for carbs to control 4l60e, suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodi, Oct 30, 2011.

1. So, I picked up a partially finished project truck. It has a new ZZ4 crate motor installed, and a new 4l60e behind it. The motor is plumbed, and runs. Now I just need to get the transmission operating.

It came with the Supermatic Transmission Controller Kit, including the wiring harness. After reading the instructions I see I need some sort of throttle positioning sensor. I'm looking for a TPS that is the most direct install. The crate motor has a Holley 770cfm, and I read a bit about needing a specific TPS to mount to the Holley without much fooling around....

If any of you guys have done this, and can offer advice on which TPS would be best for my application, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

Try the Holley web site.

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

www.hgmelectronics.com Compushift

SuperMatic Transmission Controller is a GM
    Performance Parts (GMPP) product, kit part number 19257634 works with 4L60-E and 4L65-E transmissions.

According to GMPP the
    [FONT=&quot] SuperMatic Transmission Controller is designed to operate with GM Performance Parts’ E67-based engine controller, which operates all of GMPP’s LS-based crate engines with electronic fuel injection. And while the system is designed for “tuning-free” operation right out of the box, it also includes optional connections that allow adjusting a number of calibration settings, including shift timing and shift firmness. Also, the system can be configured to operate the transmission in a manual mode, to enhance the performance driving experience; and it supports most types of tap shifters or wheel-mounted paddle-shift systems. Comprehensive adjustment instructions are included with the kit.

I'd suggest GMPP.
    [/FONT]

4. bigdav160

bigdav160

I bet you could use a modern gas pedal with the TPS built into it.

Forget adapting one to the carb.

5. azmidget91

azmidget91

6. 01spirit750

01spirit750
    from Ohio

I thought this was going to be discussion about tps reports.

For a tps I think that fuel air spark (fast) has a TPS setup also.

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. I ended up getting the direct bolt on TPS for Holley carbs. It is in fact PN 534-202.

GMPP would be handy, but, this isn't a fuel injected GMPP crate motor, so, it has no computer controls.

Thanks