Register now to get rid of these ads!

Totaled the falcon today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, Dec 11, 2009.

1. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Well, after 2 years of daily driving the falcon, someone decided to turn left in front of me at an intersection today. I guess he missed physics class the day they taught the lesson about two objects occupying the same space at the same time.

I took a ride in the ambulance with facial lacerations, my jaw hit the steering wheel. Some sutures and pain meds and I was on my way.

This is the only pic I was able to get before I got thrown in the back of the ambulance. I'm headed down to my garage here in a bit to inspect it a little closer and take some more pics.

Anyone need any falcon parts?

[​IMG]

2. Grudge

Grudge

Damn shame, glad you're ok.

3. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

The ambulance driver told me that the gentleman driving the '99 S-10 that pulled out in front of me was worried about his "pride and joy." Guess he must of thought my car was just some old piece of shit.

4. Hal_396

Hal_396

At least you are in good shape. Hope the ass has insurance.

5. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Glad you are OK, bud. Hope the car can be saved. I am going to think positive thoughts for ya--them old Falcons are pretty tough. I bet the other car is toast!

6. wow what a fucking bummer!

7. If you're in front of a computer posting the results of what might have killed someone else, you're a lucky son of a bitch. Sorry to see that man

8. Ouch! Hope you don't have any permanent injuries to you - the car can always be repaired/replaced!

BTW, if you want to take the remaining good stuff off that wrecked Falcon and build you a TWO-door Falcon wagon, I know of an OK-titled roller two-door wagon body about two hours from you. It is NOT mine. It is a complete car minus eng/trans - that would make you a superb car!

9. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

That sucks! I think I know your car, do you work at the service station on 41st and yale, and possibly live in the neighborhood back there??

10. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Well, as far as the "ass", he did have insurance information, but I have not heard from them yet. Lets refrain from making this a bash on the other driver thread. I have no reason to think that this guy woke up this morning with the intention of getting into a collision. Driving our old cars is a risk every time we put them on the road. I just happened to get bit this time.

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dude you can fix that!

12. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I have an auto garage downtown, but I am in the 41st and yale area frequently. I think the car you are referring to that is at that station, is actually a dodge dart.

OK, I would be interested in seeing this falcon wagon. My car has a brand new engine, good pans/rockers, new front end etc.... so there are lots of good or new parts on this thing. I will retain the salvage from the insurance, but alot of it depends on what I find when I get down there to look a lil' closer. I know that the core support is pushed way back, just not sure if it got into the motor, or did any damage to anything else yet.

13. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Bummer dude - glad you're not too beat up, and keeping a good attitude. all the best, let us know how it works out.

14. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

Ahh bummer man, hope your ok. That happened to me and the wife last week in our 61 Unibody. Sure hope you can get it back on the road.

15. Anderson

Anderson

As cliche as it's become, whack it off at the firewall and stub it for a straight axle.

Or go with a Mustang II.

The rest is just sheetmetal. Save that car man!

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

B...so sorry to hear this man...but wouldn't this be a great time to install a blown SOHCammer? :)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. T-town, got a PM coming to you on the wagon...!

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

exactly what i was thinking, just didnt say it in my above post:cool:

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's fucked up. I'd cry like a little girl if that happened to my ol' Dodge Dart.

20. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Damn, glad you are ok...good luck and speedy recovery

21. I'm thinking the same thing, it doesn't look that bad really. I think I would try to do something with it.

22. mikeco

mikeco
    from virginia

Sucks but at least you are ok!! Probably be a little sore tomorrow!

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

What a shame. It looked to be really solid. Glad you're ok!

24. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Sorry to hear man. Hope you get to save it.

25. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Glad to see that you are ok, and still out walking around...cars & metal can be replaced. Plus look on the bright side, you were getting "bored" driving a finished car right??? Honestly be glad that you more or less walked away from this with little injury.

26. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow!!! That sucks... let me know if you need a new front clip, I'll help look for one at my honey holes?

Call me when you get a chance B....

27. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

sorry to hear about the falcon, glad your ok, it hurts and im sorry... you parting it out?? pm sent

rick

28. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Hate to see that. Here's hoping you and your Falcon have a speedy recovery.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  29. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Wow!! I'm glad you're here to post about it too!!

30. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

I am sorry to see your car wrecked (even though it is a Ford). I have a special place in my heart for ALL classic cars. I'm glad you are OK and thank God you weren't in some little $hitbox like a Fartcar or Prius. I always worry about idiots like that when I am driving in my Chevelle that used to belong to my Dad and he died 6 years ago from Cancer. That car means the world to me and it could never be replaced.

Good luck to you and your Falcon.
    I'm glad you are alive to tell about it.
    It sacrificed for you.