Register now to get rid of these ads!

torque thrust....pictures added

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alphabet soup, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Just about any tire store or parts house in the world.

I hope, before you start drilling on these wheels. that you have the proper equipment and get an exact size of the hole you want to have for proper clearance between the shank nut and the wheel. If you are not a machinist i would be looking for a competent machine shp to handle this relatively precise job. I have bolt patterns added to aluminum wheels at a local shop for $3 to $4 per hole, so a pair of wheels runs $30 to $40.

Charlie

2. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Charlie, I have plenty of the short shank .680 nuts. What I meant was the .625 nuts. Yes, I have access to someone with a mill to do it right. Thanks, Gene.

3. kyot4x4

kyot4x4

Black Panther.
    ET also stands for extended thread as I just ordered some for my o/t vehicle. Not trying to be a jerk im just saying...
    I also drilled my wheels to fit them without a milling machine...

4. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To answer the question about what ET stands for, we could ask the guy who owns the company... He is etwheels right here on the HAMB. Great guy, by the way.

Good luck with your wheels, -Abone.

5. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

No offense taken.... but those lug nuts are for ET wheels that use that washer setup. They are not a fixall type lug nut to make a conical style seat in an aluminum wheel that wasnt intended for it...that's my point. The angled surface area in a wheel that is supposed to take the acorn style lug nut is way bigger than that small chamfer that some wheels have to aid lug nut installation. Will it work? I am sure it will..and might for years..the cars we run this crap on tends to be on the lighter side...but it still isnt right as far as I know. Could ET also stand for extended thread? I guess so...but not when you see "ET" lug nuts being sold with the washers intended for ET wheels...ET could also mean extra terrestrial and Entertainment Tonight..lol

6. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I did find this mentioned.IF YOU HAVE AMERICAN RACING TORQ THRUST D OLD STYLE CHECK THE DIAMETER OF THE LUG HOLES ON THE WHEELS SINCE THE VERY OLD ORIGINAL ONES HAVE THE DIAMETER LESS THAN 11/16.

I would call the Lug Nut King 909 376 8011. These folks will know just what you need.

c57heaven likes this.
  7. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. Measure the holes from the back side of the wheels. Reason for this is that if a prior owner has ever tried to use regular tapered seat lugnuts the holes could be buggered. Using a tapered lugnut in a hole not designed for it will "crush" the hole inwards. Check them from the back to get an accurate measurement.