Register now to get rid of these ads!

top 10 tv cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spicoli, May 22, 2006.

1. cobra's merc , without sly inside:D

2. I thought I was the only one with the hots for her ( I was about 13).

3. I thought I was the only one with the hots for her ( I was about 13).

4. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

The Fall guys pickup hands down best TV car...lol

5. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I watched something awhile back, found out the General Lee was originaly supposed to be Grey on the show but did not film well. Blended into the background too much.

6. Badfast

Badfast

The two that made the impression on me:

General Lee
    1960 Corvette from "Riptide"

7. BOBBYA312

BOBBYA312
    BANNED
    from Ala

What about the truck on "Buckaroo Banzi". If I remember correctly,its so fast,it goes between atoms and drives through a mountain.

8. Speaking of "Vans", that looks like Mamie Van Doren flirting with Norm. Or is it the car that she likes? Nah, I'm sure Mamie thought Norm was cuter.

9. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Looking at this thread, its not hard to tell the ages of the various members...............................

10. kevin45

kevin45

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ralph Maplh's ride

Jim Rockford Firebird Esprit
    [​IMG]

Joe Mannix Toronado Convert
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Magnums ferrari
    [​IMG]

The Batmobile
    [​IMG]

The Monkeymobile
    [​IMG]

11. TSKieffer

TSKieffer

Here are some more....

http://antiquesandthearts.com/AW-2003-09-09-12-15-27p1

Excerpt:

"A classic example of an American street rod, a 1932 Ford roadster achieved the highest sale price, bringing $192,000. The Ray Defillipi-built Deuce roadster has an illustrious past. It was featured in multiple magazine layouts, made appearances in several feature films, as well as appearances on television's The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - driven on screen by the Nelson boys. This car became known over time as the "Ricky Nelson Roadster" and sold to a delighted fan and collector of Ricky Nelson memorabilia. "

Attached Files:

12. TSKieffer

TSKieffer

Yes. I agree. Nellybelle needs to be included too.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/jeep/Jeep.htm

Excerpt:

"[​IMG]Nellybelle the Jeep
    Nellybelle the Jeep - Old WWII CJ-2A Jeep that was constantly conking out on Pat Brady, the bumbling cook and sidekick of Roy Rogers "King of the Cowboys" and Dale Evans "Queen of the West (& Cowgirls)" on the western adventure THE ROY ROGERS SHOW/NBC/1951-57. As Pat Brady drove around Mineral City, the setting of the series, he had the odd habit of talking sweetly to his Jeep as if his verbal compliments could convince Nellybelle to get up and go. Roy Rogers chose to include a Jeep into the program because he noticed that after WWII, the Jeeps were real popular, especially with children. Rogers himself owned a Jeep which he used for hunting, off road cruising and travel to and from his studio. Nellybelle's license number was 3P5-388.

Nelly belle was a 1946 Willys CJ-2A Jeep, which had some unusual bodywork. It was in fact owned by Roy, but was driven in the show by his comic sidekick, Pat Brady. The name apparently developed out of Pat riding an ornery mule in the earlier movies, and addressing it with phrases like "Whoa, Nelly!" In most episodes of the show, Nellybelle's name is painted on her doors. You can see Nellybelle II and many wonderful memories of Roy and Dale's life, at their museum in Branson, MO.

Attached Files:

13. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Wonder if Roy and Dale are stuffed in that pic........just like poor old Trigger?

14. classiccruzer

classiccruzer

I don't think anyone has mentioned one of my all time favorites which is the 55 nomade on home improvements.

15. zapp69

zapp69

Have a soft spot for the Coyote, many versions most stunt work done with a v8 Chevy powered version with a space frame chassis. Other versions were VW based with either VW engine or Porsche motor. There was also a tragic one that was built using a Delorian with the panels replaced with the Coyote kit, the square winscreen ruined the shape.
    Dont know who the fag in this pic is, car is a copy not the original

[​IMG]

16. tjm73

tjm73

I think the General Lee was a 69 Charger because their were tons of them to destroy and you almost couldn't give them away at that point.

17. kustombypook

kustombypook

What about the Pontiac convertible that Lucy and Ricky drove to California. Wasn't a kustom, but still a cool car.

18. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

In the Beverly Hillbillies scrapbook,Max Baer stated the "truck" he drove/used on the show was a 21' Olds throw-together."Bad brakes and it handled horribly!"
    If you watch the opening of the early shows you can see the drs side front wheel rambling quite a bit.
    Barris made the Olds 442 truck they used on the show too.

The shows are on for 24 hours today and evenings at 6pm on TVLAND now.
    Happy New Year everybody!

19. sinatrakool

sinatrakool
    from Upstate NY

how about Daisey Duke's Satellite Roadrunner, and Clark Kents metro?

20. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

WOW, this thread is stale...

21. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

ya it is ,didnt see any mention to MY MOTHER THE CAR though,wasnt very popular kinda like ed the talkin horsemi heard they used peanut butter to make his mouth move

22. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I think the California Kid, and the T's of Kookie and Ivo, but the rest are just Korny Kustom Krapola built for Tweeb TV Types by sell-out, expoitive builders who could get big money regardless of how stupid the concept cars were required to be. Gary

23. :confused: After all this time and not even a mention of "Grandpa McCoys" Model A, geeeez!

24. The Clampitt's truck was an Oldsmobile, and was until recently, at the College of the Ozarks museum, where the producer of the show donated the truck to the college.

The "Grapes of Wrath" truck is a Hudson.

25. JEPPA

JEPPA

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  26. zzford

zzford

My favorite, and I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned, was Brodrick Crawford's Buicks in the old series "Highway Patrol". That car was so fast, it squalled the tires on dirt roads! I can still hear the banshee wail of those bias plies on loose gravel. Did'ja ever wonder why he only chased bad guys on dirt roads?

27. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

JEPPA,

LOVED, I mean LOVED Wonderbug!!!!!

Thanks for bringing up that memory.

Gonna' go work on Grandpa's 51 now.

dv

28. Velomech

Velomech
    BANNED
    from nunya

OH MAN! Wonderbug, SCHLEP!!!

I thought I was the ONLY guy who remembered this thing!

Here is my list of fourwheeled tv badassness....not in order...

A-team Van
    Mccormacks coyote
    general lee (my first hardon!)
    magnums ferarri
    Rithie's desoto from happy days, when he and the fonz drag raced it!
    Rick simons power wagon from simon and simon
    Starsky's torino
    The equalizers Jag
    Farinas 58 ford from crimestory
    And the camaro from "Makin it", episode 4, it was the first time I heard the term "Sleeper", and it was badass, and I was 9.

Cheers and beers
    Hodge

29. timmy t

timmy t

Its not a T.V. car but what about James Bond Aston Martin DB7

30. Road_Rage_Rube

Road_Rage_Rube

the munster coach got me started on hot rods, so thats my fav. And the general lee got me started to do illegal stuff und jumping wooden ramps with my bmx:)
    Its just sad to see the cars outside the movie. In 2003 the tradegy of my youth happened, I went to barris' shop to see that those eight two' are mounted on the stock aircleaner, the blower of the monkey mobile is fake, the fins of the grease lightning got cracks and to top it batmobile don't got a real turbine.
    So my whole world broke into pieces. I hate the reality