Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tool Roll I just found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad54, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Mac the Yankee and I are helping a widow clean out her hubby's shop, and on Sunday I found this tool roll.
    I love a good road-trip tool kit, and have a hell of a good one for my '61 Suburban: it doubles as a all-encompassing junkyard tool box, and I've done everything but actually remove an engine from a vehicle with it (up to and including cutting off body panels on several occasions).
    But it's too big to carry around all the time.
    This is by no means a small roll: that's a yard stick along the bottom edge, not a 12-inch ruler.
    69 inches by 34 inches, with 27 slots and three pouches (two with snap flaps).
    Huge, but small enough to stuff behind the spare tire in a '54 Buick, or under the seat in a vintage pick-up truck... if packed properly.
    I'm gonna buy it from the old gal, and probably a good number of the tools to outfit it.

Thinking about it, it's a LOT of space, but it quickly fills up... a full set of combination wrenches, and a full set of box wrenches to hold the other half of the fastener (nut/bolt), a hammer, chisel, pliers, needle-nose pliers, vise grip, screwdrivers, a brake pliers/tool, a cheap multi-meter, a set of 1/2- and 3/8 drive sockets, a ratchet for each and a breaker bar. Little can of WD40, a shop rag, duct tape and zip ties... and before you know it, it's pretty full.

But still reasonable, I think.

I've got a friend who thinks he might want one too... so I may go find a canvas boat cover maker and see if they'll make a couple for me.

There are no names, or markings anywhere on it, so I doubt it's military surplus.
    NO guess as to the age, either.

-Brad

Attached Files:

2. That's pretty nice Brad. HRP

3. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i always bring a file, to sharpen the chisel.

4. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

I'll do them in oiled leather if you can get me the dimensions.

5. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Ohhhh that'd be nice... what would something like that cost?

Roughly, it's 67x34.
    I can get exact dimensions in a PM if you want.
    -Brad

6. brad2v

brad2v

This is a few months old, but I'm currently searching for a tool roll in dimensions that'll hold a sufficient amount of tools for an old car. This would be the ticket. '51 Plymouth, I take it this is something you make on a regular basis? Pm me please.

7. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I've got a small old tool box full of tools that I bought for $5.00 many years ago (from a guy who wandered into the bar needing money) and the thing I like best is the smell.

Must be old grease.