Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tool Box

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deathrowdave, Oct 7, 2019.

1. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I had to buy myself a new tool box today . I have outgrown my current model . This is my third and last growing expansion . 72in bottom 56 in top . A Bull Dozer engine would be easier to unload and move . B76FCF48-0019-4A5A-9010-F8CCFF7C0F7D.png

2. Slopok

Slopok

Hope you remembered to get the free screwdrivers now that you have room for them!;)

loudbang, Boneyard51 and AVater like this.
  3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Man I have thousands and thousands of dollars , in the old box , laying on my work bench , etc . The Snap On man loved me every week , that he came around . I have to buy a stool to see in the top . Every time I touch something it’s time to buy a new tool . Has anyone ever seen a steering wheel puller for the early Ford ? I found a NOS puller for $20.00 . The guy had no idea what it was , and didn’t want to take it home .

4. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Nice box, Dave. I sure it has the roller drawers, they are nice and smooth. It’s really good when you can spread your tools out to where you don’t have to dig for them. It’s going to be fun for you placing the tools in new places and organizing them..... but after that, it will take you months to pull only one drawer to get a certain wrench! Lol

Bones

deathrowdave and TrailerTrashToo like this.

5. I was looking at those, pretty nice when they have a deal going on them. I have a big Snap-On top & bottom box and another Crapsman set as well. I may make the Crapsman one all machine shop stuff.

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Other than I do not want to put out the money because it is not a need right now , maybe a huge top/bottom is the way to go. I have 4 bottoms and 3 tops and a few carry boxes. Maybe it wouldn't still be enough drawers.:oops: Nice set up you have though.:)

7. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Nice having that little space at the end of the top box to set down a handful of tools you brought back from the bench while you put them away. Or drop a few tools there on your way by and put them away later. At least then they're not scattered all over the shop. Nice setup.
    Trouble with having more space is you always seem to have some open areas, or drawers with a lot of bottom showing... then you need more tools. Vicious circle.

deathrowdave likes this.
  8. GTS225

GTS225

You got the BIG one! I have my eye on the 44", with the top and side cabinets to match, but I'm waiting for the black Friday sale pricing. I've thought about walking up to the manager and offering a flat $900 for the three, but I'm not quite ready to put them into the shop.
    Kinda sad how the HF boxes are better then Crapsman nowadays, isn't it?

Roger

bobss396 likes this.
  9. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's pretty snazzy Dave.

Sad hell, that's completely Un-American!

10. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

The HF boxes are , heavily built . I hate to spend dollars on China stuff , but no way can I afford the Mac or Snap On of the same size . The 56 top is nice but I would liked to had a 72 top also . Not offered yet . I’m betting soon , under the top mat the bottom is drilled to bolt a 72 top on it . 2 of the holes lineup with the 56 and I had to drill 2 to install 4 bolts . My luck will it be after Jan 1 the 72 will out there for sale . I’m thankful for the ones I bought , now I can get everything in one place at one time .

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  11. GTS225

GTS225

I actually have been waiting for two years to get a set. I figured they would start offering the 5(?), well 6 now, different colors on the bigger boxes, like they offer on the roll-arounds. Last year, I queried the local store, and was informed they were doing it this past spring. I'm planning on the fluorescent green set. After all, who in the hell would want to steal it?

Roger

fauj likes this.
  12. I've slowly been moving my Craftsman box contents over to the Snap On boxes. Very nice to have everything neatly in one place and I'm anal about keeping things in neat order. One pro mechanic I know just uses a large Snap On bottom box, uses the top as a work surface. He got a good deal, it was an odd color and had some minor shipping damage to it.