Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tommy Ring front suspension adapter

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by S10_37, Dec 15, 2017.

1. S10_37

S10_37

2. What?
    Maybe a little more info?

3. Gizmos made to bolt to the four holes on the spring pads on truck beam axles to attach wishbones, spring perches, and shocks. RR parts.

Probably for people who don't know what a real hot rod front end is and believe an F-1, F-100, Econoline, or who knows what axle will fit the bill.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    X38 likes this.
  4. S10_37

S10_37

Rich b you are correct. In theory it looks good but like to hear from someone who has used them. His video is on you tube

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. I think someone here used a F100 axle and welded up mounts for a transverse spring and wishbone mount. Looked pretty good if I remember right. I wish I could remember more about the thread so you could search for it. Anyway you can do the same thing without buying a kit/adapter.

6. butch27

butch27

Anymore info ?

7. Use the right axle and you don't need to have weird adapters to make shit work together that shouldn't. It costs no more to get a decent early ford front axle and mount it properly. If you really want to you can adapt the F1 spindles to the early axle somehow as well. Use the right parts and you will have a good looking, and properly functioning suspension. Those axles belong on a truck, and those trucks don't need wishbones.

RICH B, X38 and WiredSpider like this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

Ha! I watched the video for a minute or so, but that's all I could take. He uses trailer springs and yokes from some industrial application to make "hot rod" parts out of. Totally rat rod stuff. Ugly as hell and probably unsafe as well.

And yokels commenting on how his great parts save you hundreds of dollars instead of buying the right 30's Ford axle. I can find regular Model A axles at the swap meets for under $100 all day long. Why waste money on ugly Econoline junk when the good stuff is available for about the same cost?

9. ^^^^^
    Truth.
    As far as I can tell it costs about the same $ to build a real front end as it does to construct some aborted shit. All you gotta do is look and ask.

10. Unbelievable JUNK. Using Cast Clevis' for the "radius rods", trailer springs, shocks mounted in an angle where the busing are set to bind - not to mention the welds on the actual cars he shows (although the welds on the part itself didn't look too bad). Sorry , but this is just scary shit :eek:

Dean Lowe likes this.
  11. Looks damn terrible, he should change his name to Tommy R.I.P. because his cars will kill someone.