Register now to get rid of these ads!

To shave or not to shave, that is the question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blackmaria60, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

My '60 would look so much better w/out handles with everything else going on with it. But they are there for a reason and don't look bad.

I think I'll just shave the rears for the Wal Mart 2dr look!

2. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

shave of course,LOL

Attached Files:

3. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

shaved is what the ladys like

4. Shaved. Cant go wrong with it.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Won't that Olds grow hair? Thet's the way we remember 'em, Sonny...

6. sololobo

sololobo

I vote no! I think it is best to address the fact that it is a "no waiting" car, just open the door and get in, not crawling over the front seat. Your car is a cruzer in my eyes, be proud of what it is and polish that chrome and stainless and be low and slow---and awesome---. Just my view, you ask!! ~sololobo~

7. Well, on mine I'm gonna shave it and hammer it down. :D:D
    Low and slow is the ticket.

8. jonly

jonly

not shaved so I can get the frozen doors open in the winter

9. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

SHAVED! always..........

10. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

Im gonna shave the rears on my more door. Leaving the fronts for ease of use!

11. The_Monster

The_Monster

my own opinion, no disrespect to anyone elses plans or ideas:

If you own and drive a 4 door, be proud of it and enjoy it for what it is and was. Either leave all four handles or shave all four. Just shaving the rears doesnt fool anyone into thinking its a 2 door and I think its reads as if you wish you would of bought a 2 door.

12. skoh73

skoh73

I've always felt the same way as Monster just stated- BUT I really want to clean up the look of my 4dr a bit more and removing the 2 rear handles would help. I'm still on 6 volt so I don't have a ton of options as far as shaving all of the handles. Unless there are suggestions...

13. The_Monster

The_Monster

yea, I have one! haha! Instead of shaving handles, convert to 12 volt first! Youll be so thankful you did for SO many reasons, and its not as hard as you might think! Good luck!

14. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Not having door handles can be a pain, besides, at least door handles back then were pretty stylish most of the time! And no, i dont have them on mine :rolleyes:

15. X2. all or nuthin. don't just shave the rears. my daily is a four door, i'm not ashamed.

16. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I just dont like the clutter of more stuff it doesnt need. The back 2 doors will rarely get used so no need for handles. I'm only leaving the front handles cause its my girls car and I only use mechanical type shaves. No electric crap that I dont need. I've done it on trucks several times by switching the latch to the cab corner and putting a button on the back of the cab, but on a car I have yet to find a clean way to do it. I like a more door, but that doesnt mean I like more handles!

17. leave the vent windows unlocked

18. X3 all or nuthin'.

Clean shaven, just like I like my women!

Dress for the job you want, not the job you got!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ!!!

19. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

The 1960 Buick lines are so beatuful I am considering a full shave: question: will the inside door handles still open the doors (preferred), or do I have to use the poppers on the inside as well?

20. Sauli

Sauli

Not. It´d totally destroy any practical advantage of the car having all of its 4drs, yet it´s not gonna fool anybody into thinking it´s a 2dr.
    IF by "´60" You´re referring to the Oldsmobile 88 Vista in Your profile, this was designed to be a classy, upscale cruiser in it´s day. Brightwork and everything. If it were mine I´d probably focus on that, and aesthetically thinking, any "shaving" of it would hardly contribute to that, IMO. Just my 2c, but You did ask. Good luck.

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Shaving rear handles does not make a 4dr a 2dr.Leave em alone or might even kolor match if they bother you that much. My $.02
    B.B.

22. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Same here.

23. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

In the real world, removing the outside handles on a 4 dr isnt about fooling anyone, its about staying alive and preventing criminals from jumping into your back seat at a red light.
    The fools are constantly asking me if my 4 dr 57 Chevy station wagon is a Nomad!!

24. jazzbum

jazzbum

shaved sedans look lame. nothing wrong with a four-door, but it is what it is. drive it proudly, and if you don't mind how they look, keep the handles. whatever you do, don't shave the rear ones only. instant geek status.

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Having shaved door handles on the 48 I can say on of the biggest pains in the butt is having the doors frozen shut in the winter.

I have never figured out the advantage of just shaving the handles off the back doors on a moredoor unless it is to keep guy from bumming rides for a beer run at rod trots.

The ease of having your crew get in is just as important as trying to make it look like something it isn't and maybe more so.

26. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

With engine setback and seat setback, shaving the rear handles on mine was a no brainer. I can't use the rear doors anyway, but didn't want poppers and hassles of no front door handles. Shaved the rears and kept the fronts.
    [​IMG]

Go ahead and shave them; it's your ride!

27. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Shave all of it. Doors, hood, trunk, etc....
    Always love that look...
    (On cars anyway......but not on..........YIKES)
    Cheers......

28. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

I hope your not being serious, because that level of paranoia needs medical attention.

29. Well, Blackmaria60, did you shave 'em? I shaved mine (my avatar is an old picture) and I'm glad I did. Ain't lookin' back. Shaved my trunk, too. with no handles, I have 3 ways of getting in the car and 3 ways of getting in the trunk. '60 Olds look so much better without the handles. My 3 cents worth.