Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects To Paint, or Not to Paint

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by BDRodder, Nov 17, 2015.

1. BDRodder

BDRodder

Car is really straight. I'd likely have my local body guy do the work.

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

OK I jumped to the end of the thread and may have missed a lot, the reason for the jump is that Von Franco is a friend from back in the Woods and Riverside days and I remember when he purple and flamed the car as one of the first '60's Show car'. But when it went to black I was told by his FIL that just shot black over the purple, so isn't the original still there under the black?

3. indyjps

indyjps

Good to hear it's close to paint ready, sometimes door gaps etc are opening a real can of worms. Let me know who you like for paint in the area, Ive been up here 8 years but not had any work done. I have some folks I trust downstate, some pros some ex pros that work on the side.

4. BDRodder

BDRodder

Yes, it is still there. I recently had the cowl vent and entire cowl worked on. Before inserting the cowl vent, we found the blue. Car also looks like it was red, black, few layers of primer and the blue. Now the matte black. After Von Franco, I believe Skipper owned it but don't know for sure.

5. BDRodder

BDRodder

Will do. I'll DM you and let you know who I end up using, if I decide to paint in the near future.

6. S.F.

S.F.

As Skratch would say....it has "the spare tire look" (black walls with black steelies). I vote for paint.

7. Shiny paint opens another bag of snakes... now you have to be more careful with it. I have the Ford all jambed in with Wimbledon White, but will leave it in primer for a while longer after I get to driving it.