Register now to get rid of these ads!

to gasser it or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boris, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I hope the comment about the "Fella that made the ratrod comment" wasn't aimed at me. I know what the HAMB is about and that Rats aren't ok around here. If you reread my post you will see that I was talking about the fact that when a guy has a car that is not a "popular" body style and cannot figure out a direction for the build "Gasser it" has become the new "Make a ratrod out of it" battle cry. Does that make any more sense? Not trying to be a dick just trying to make myself clear. As for the original posters car, I'd say leave it low and swap a stock width rearend back under it then swap out the wheels and tire combo and that hood and he'd be looking good!

2. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

what does FNG stand for any way??? just curious :confused:

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

[QUOTE="T'RANTULA";6839594]what does FNG stand for any way??? just curious :confused:[/QUOTE]
    Fuck'n New Guy, glad you asked now ?

4. metalix_421

metalix_421

gasser that bad boy

5. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

sure am now i know!! :d:d:d

6. 117harv

117harv

Isn't FNG a Military term:confused:.....remember Forest Gump:)

7. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Let me see if I got this right, the 59 is not hamb friendly because of a scoop and pro street rearend? This is not traditional in the eyes of numerous policemen on this forum, some rude and others well meaning and polite. But: 2 stage paint, must ll front suspension, air ride bags, aluminum radiators, radial tires, camaro clips, s-10 rear ends, car 5 speeds, coated headers, flowmasters, am/fm cd players, etc., these builds slip right through. Just asking......

8. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I remember Forest gump but I havent seen it in a while so.... ;)

9. None of that shit is traditional, with the slight exception of airbags, they were on the Ala Kart in '59, but not mainstream.

10. Muttley

Muttley

Do whatever you want........just dont forget the lamp shade when you take it out for a cruise.

11. Oh shit, I remember that, you still wear that?

12. Muttley

Muttley

I've been hinting for him to resurrect the old avatar for years now with no luck.

13. im with ya

14. Hurray!

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

You forgot Weld pro stars. Nothing you listed alters the overall look of the "traditional" build, but that hideous 80's hood scoop and the pro street tub job are pretty obvious. It is what it is, and that would be a bad 80's pro street car - not a traditional build - definately not a Gasser. It's like the difference between big hair and a crew cut. I don't understand all this justification for something it's not. Get it, or don't get it. No big deal, it just doesn't belong here.:rolleyes:

16. Please head in this direction.......You can do it...I know you can. It's all in the details. See the tiny little things that are different in the pics of the '55. (wheels, air cleaners, hood scoop, loose the front bumper...ect) Remove all of the Summit crap on yours and replace with parts matching the '55 and you will get it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  17. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

Remember the Flint Stone Flyer ( 49 Packard 4-door) N.H.R.A. record holder.
    Please lose the hood ,replace it with a louvered one

18. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Guys who were there back in the day, how the hell can you argue with the wealth of knowledge and experience of these guys? Yet every day, there seems to be an influx of FNG's who are more than ready and willing to call these guys out. At 47 I'm kind of stuck in the middle, but I sure as hell know that a great deal of people on this board have forgotten more about traditional rods and customs than these disrespectful jerks will ever know. God how I wish these clowns would stop trying to rewrite history and change the focus of this board to suit their own agendas.
    Paul

19. Muttley

Muttley

That scoop is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

20. outlaw256

outlaw256

well i like the car.id drive the shit out of it (without that fuckin ugly ass hood). call it what ever you want. i dont care. to me its pro street.to some one else it maybe a hotrod.id like to have it parked in my driveway,but i surely wouldnt call it tradional and thats what the hamb is all about.many, many people have posted pics of cars that they have that werent traditional hotrods and i didnt and dont mind lookin at the pics.but when you post pics of cars that arent hamb friendly(even thou they are old)get ready for a correction.some are nicer about it than others but you should expect it. this is and will always be a tradional hotrod site. not pro street,not ratrod not donk or what ever else there is out there.anyway, id leave it alone(less hoodscoop) and build a gasser style car out of something else.

21. VonKool13

VonKool13

Hey this "kid" is simply stating FACT, watch some video of drags from the 60's and you will see wagons as well as 4 doors, if they ran in a "heavier" class then so be it....

22. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

oh geeze... now he's done it... :eek:

23. Larry T

Larry T

Got links???

24. Von Richthofen

Von Richthofen

If we can vote more than once i would dump that scoop look
    like it got hot ,,, iknow there made that way:D

25. 1slikwilly

1slikwilly
    BANNED
    from Oregon

WOW !! Now I'm not so sure I should be here either,, I'm building a 48 Thames "GASSER STYLE" its low, its nasty looking, BUT it has 4 wheel disc brakes, 10 spoke wheels, and a WINTERS Q/C and modern 4 wheel C/O suspension. is it tradiational enough be be on on the HAMB or NOT?:confused:

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      216.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003-2.jpg
      003-2.jpg
      File size:
      225.7 KB
      Views:
  26. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

....and the crowd waits for the Trad Police to determine IF indeed the subject Anglia does or does not get their blessing.....

27. slammed

slammed

You fucking new guys bite your lip, hard.

28. slammed

slammed

WTF? What point are trying make?

29. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

It's fuckin' pro-street. Pro-street ain't traditional. What part of that don't you guys get? No pro-street on the HAMB. It's one of the rules.

SAY IT WITH ME:NO PRO-STEET ON THE H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  30. 1slikwilly

1slikwilly
    BANNED
    from Oregon

Sounds good to me,, I'll take my POS somewhere else...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.