Register now to get rid of these ads!

To Friends and Acquaintences of Junkyard Jan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shotrod64, May 18, 2008.

1. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

I'm not sure where/which area the member Junkyard Jan hung out here but know she was here often and I just wanted to let her friends here know that she passed away last night or early this morning. I don't have any detail only that it was totally unexpected. We have been freinds for several years and thought the least I could do was pass the word around to all her online family.

She might of gone by Tbirdchick at times here also. I only know for a fact she would come here as we would discuss some of the info that she garnered here while talking on the phone. She was a woman of many faces so hope that Junkyard Jan is the one she was most known by here at the HAMB.

Deb

UPDATE

*Per Jan's wishes there will be no funeral services. She preferred that
    everyone remember her as she was. The cremation and related expense will be running right around $1500. Jan had no life insurance and her only income was a monthly disability check. Due to the suddeness of her death and having no time at all to plan ahead, her surviving family members have been caught short by this.

Therefore, I am asking that anyone who wishes to send a contribution to help with the expense, or even just a card of sympathy to please do so.
    Please send to:

Robin Games
    73 St John Ave.
    Niles Ohio 44446

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Addition: I mentioned in the other post about paypal donations also and have set up an account for this also. Jeff thought it would be a good idea and so did I also.

The address for paypal is: fortbirdchick at yahoo dot com

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...ode=USD&lc=US&bn=PP-DonationsBF&charset=UTF-8

UPDATE 2

It has been determined that Jan died from a blood clot in her heart.

Once all is in order there is to be a big yard/garage sale of all of Jans tools, race cars etc. Jan wanted all that sold off because she did not want anyone she knew to have to try to, or feel obligated to finish up her dreams.

I will keep you posted on any updates on the sale.

2. Sad news :(. Maybe next Friday's HAMB Art Show thread could honor Jan?

Kurt

3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That is terrible. :( Sorry to hear it. Her posts were always interesting, she really knew a lot about cars. RIP Jan

-Danny

4. Muttley

Muttley

The years not even half over and we have already lost two HAMBers. :( :(

5. 29SX276

29SX276

Really sorry to hear this;I always enjoyed her posts,very knowledgeable lady. Condolences to the family.

6. I copied this info from another thread to notify everyone where to send donations and cards.

I thought I should include this onto this thread vs. on a new thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She was the HAMB's Midwest "Circle Track" expert!!!!

God Bless you Jan... Hope "Elwood" finds a loving owner in your Honor!

Could you post the funeral info please?

I liked her from her intro... This was Jans intro thread...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40216&page=2

Jans Current Project...

[​IMG]

A couple more threads that showed her passion for the sport and the people...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229392

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2709826#post2709826

Here's another photo she posted in her intro... but I don't know if any of these 2 cars are hers...

[​IMG]

Does anyone know if one of these was Jans???

Anyone Have other photo's of Jan and her race cars?

Anyone know Jans last name?

7. FeO2

FeO2

Jan will be missed here........

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

WOW... Godspeed Jan.

9. J J will be missed,,,God speed.:( HRP

10. Andamo

Andamo

Boy did that post come as a shock. We talked last year because she was going to bring a fellow who raced in NE Ohio in a Willys gasser to the Thompson gasser event. At the last minute he got sick and neither of them came. We also talked about many of the eastern Ohio and western PA dirt racers we both knew and I invited her to the stock car museum picnic in York Springs. She wasn't able to come to the event, so I never did get to meet her face to face.
    May you rest in peace Jan, you'll be missed by many.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I surely didn't expect to hear this. she always had some interesting stories to tell and seemed to know her circle track history.
    My condolences to her family and friends. I will miss her being on here. RIP Jan.

Frank

12. Gigantor

Gigantor

Whoa. Junkyard Jan was always ready with a word of friendly advice delivered with a whip-sharp intellect. She helped me out more than once and this hurts to think about since she was so full of life. She was a firecracker and a rare woman and I had hoped to meet her in person someday and show her the vintage circle track racer I'm building.
    I think I'm going to letter her name on the cowl of my racer in the hopes she can enjoy going round in dirt circles for years to come. RIP.

13. A great lady who will be missed here and on the FM board. Godspeed Jan. Only checkered flags for her now.

14. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Damnit, i liked her posts, i recall she use to chime in alot on the dirt track topics than popped up. Godspeed

15. Jackbolt

Jackbolt

Man! What a shock that news is!!!!!!!!! This makes my head spin. We e-mailed fairly regular about racing and rods. Although we never met in person, she'll be truly missed. Rest in peace my friend.

16. Just the other day I was wondering why we haven't heard from her for a while. She seemed like a real character, I wish I had met her.

17. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

She did not post a lot ( last post May the 1st 2008 ) but when she did ... it always was a good post and on topic.

Never met her but I did enjoy reading her posts. She will be missed.

RIP

18. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

This was a complete shock to read. She contacted me a couple years ago because she picked up a T-Bird identical to one I had at the time after she saw it on my website. We exchanged a couple emails, even talked about meeting up some time since she wasn't too far away...sad news. She was cool. RIP Jan. :(

19. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Depressing news. Another Vintage Circle Tracker being filed in the memory. Godspeed you are missed already JJ.

20. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

This is truly sad news...I talked to her on the phone a few times and she was a great person! I never see or hear about a Ford 300 six-popper that I don't think of her...she loved those things!

I just hope Buttera and Boyd can set her up with a really hot 300 six powered ride now that's she's gone to hang out with them!!

Green Flag, Jan...drop the hammer and don't look back! :):cool:

21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

thoughts goin' out ... :(

22. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

Somewhere on this computer I have a couple pics, I will have to find them. I only have one of her driving a race car and the other couple are just her at the track last season with a friend and one other of her. Maybe she posted some here of the good ol days?

deb

23. rixrex

rixrex

Nutz...we really need more women like her in this lifestyle/sport/obcession..I'm glad I had the opportunity to talk to her a few times..she will be sorely missed...

24. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Rip junkyard jan:(

25. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

I was able to get in touch with her partner today and found out that Jan didn't want any kind of services or anything. Kinda sad for those who would like to go an pay respects but that was her wishes. Not much into the fanfare kinda stuff so it doesn't really surprise me too much.

[​IMG]

The one below I can't remember if it was hers or her friend "Demo's" car. I should of labeled it differently with the memory I have!

[​IMG]

26. Zerk

Zerk

I'll miss Junkyard Jan's posts here. She had a lot on the ball, and was a really nice person. RIP Jan.

27. QQMOON

QQMOON

RIP JJ your pressence will be greatly missed.

QQ

28. k9racer

k9racer

This post made me very sad.. I will miss her witt and knowledge of roundtrack racing. She was one of a kind, we often PMed each other about racing. Any links on he obit even though she wanted no fan fare.. Thank You Bobby..

29. Shotrod64

Shotrod64
    from Tacoma, WA

Tomorrow I might have more info on an obit as they are going to be taking care of some things then.