Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tires for rail?

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by GMC BUBBA, Oct 17, 2006.

1. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I am ready to buy some rear tires for our HA/GR project. What exact tire do you guys suggest ?
    I plan on buying them from Coker tire.
    Looks like the L78x15 is a good choice ?? A Coker classic L78x15 is shown at 5.88 width is that the choice of champions???:confused:

2. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

I'm no expert on this one, but it sounds like a good choice.
    I plan on running a smaller tire that measures 5" across the tread. I do have a set that measures 6" across the tread, but plan on running the smaller ones because of the motor that I am running. I may spin a little out of the hole, but I would rather do that than break something because of it hooking too hard, if that is possible.
    I think out of the four that are running, three have broken trannys, rears or clutches?

3. sgtmcd42

sgtmcd42

I am running the g78-15. seems to work fine.

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

That's pretty much the "spec" tire so far.

5. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Were running Cokers L78-15 and so is the Hornets.Just remember its not if its going to break its when its going to break,and they all do no matter what you do. We tried a 8in tractor clutch,burned it up,tried to launch at 5000 RPM,sheared the teeth right off the main shaft of the trans. Hornets burned the bands up in there super duper glide. Speed merchants found out after breaking 2 top loaders there not worth a shit. Crooked Six found out you cant shift at 7000 Rpm,clutch exploded. So! See you guys are lucky you can learn by all our fuckups.:D :D