Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tires for my 66 Cadillac...need the stripe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sprbxr, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sprbxr

sprbxr
    from Peaks, VA

I need some tires for my 66 Caddy (I know...it is a 66 not 64 or earlier). Anyway I don't want Wide Whites but I do want a decent size white stripe. The tires I have found have a 1 inch stripe or less. Where are you guys getting 1.5"-2" wide striped tires? Any size recommendations? I was thinking a 235 75 15 on the stock wheels would work OK.

Justin

2. Squablow

Squablow

There are a couple places that make the wider striped whitewall that you want. I believe Vogue is one of the popular whitewall makers, nice looking shit but kinda pricey.

If you're on a budget, just get the regular whitewalls and paint the stripe wider. For my '64 Olds, I want to make a two striped whitewall, with 2 3/4" stripes about 1/4" away from each other.. They were around for a little while but are rarely seen today.

3. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Weird, I was talking to Reverend Jake about finding wider stripe tires and eithe grooving a black stripe in them or coloring a black stripeon them for a two strip tire.

I know Coker sells some wider stripe tires...

4. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

coker sells a two stripe tire too-

5. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

Coker does have a tire with a little narrower www in a P235/75/15 the whitewall is 1.6 they have four sizes this size being the biggest size.
    I would go with the 235/75/15 it was the correct size for alot of 60's cad's and they look good with a little wider white.
    xtra