Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects TiredIronGRB's '34 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TiredIronGRB, Jan 19, 2014.

1. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

I've been taking a little break from building Rods for the last few months so I figured it was time to start one...I picked this one up last week, '34 chassis with a glass 3 window Salt-flat style chop three window body. All the grill, hood, inner fenders, dash and windshield frame are Henry steel and I have a steel cowl I'm going to use all the inner structure and cowl vent to make it look as traditional as possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It came with a later model 9" rear axle that's too wide and has adapters to make the early Merc wheels fit. I plan to use a Dana 44 from an early 70s International truck which has 373 gears and a locker, it also has the correct 5 on 5.5 lug pattern.

[​IMG]

The SBC will probably go and a 401 Nailhead take it's place.

2. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Awesome project. Enjoy the build and post lotsa pics!

3. Great lookin body with the leaned-back posts and all. Some days I think I should have gone your route instead of trying to piece together a steel body from vendors and enthusiasts cast-offs from all over the US. Hope you keep this thread current as a lotta guys would like to do this very thing.