Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects tired of winter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birdman1, Mar 1, 2019.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Snowed in PDX today:mad:

Deuces likes this.
  2. ...snowin like crazy here rite now March 14th AM, turnin white,..all our old snow was gone yesterday...I'm am so ready for Spring.

Deuces likes this.
  3. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

We got a dusting over night here. It's mostly melted away already.
    IMG_20200314_095643028.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  4. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

I don't complain about winter... however, a few years back, we received a highly unusual combination of snow, rain, freezing rain, snow, rain, snow. This occurred through January and February, when it's always cold, cold, cold. (Rain is unheard of until April.)

In my photo below, you can see the "layer cake" I had on the roof of my old cold storage building. The enormous cake load was already crushing the rafters and when spring arrived, it popped the building like a grape.

IMG_0690.jpg
    There was nothing I could do, but I was unhappy to put it mildly. I had stripped the paint in the fall and as you can see, I had the first new coat of paint on three walls of the four walls. A new roof was next.

5. 3-14-20
    snow 3-14-20 004.jpg snow 3-14-20 003.jpg

Deuces likes this.
  6. for the greenhouses we use temporary snow poles to help with the snow load. I know it is too late but maybe next time.

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If the sun would come out more during the winter in Ohio I could handle it but its been 95 percent dark and gloomy,I have noticed the last few years the temp goes up and down too much during the winter which makes it hard to get used to.

Deuces and slug like this.
  8. Gman0046

Gman0046

The good news is in Kentucky there hasn't been any measurable snow this year just all kinds of rain. Glad you don't have to shovel rain.

Deuces likes this.
  9. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

I decided to try something this year. Instead of using car covers (and not being able to see the car) I covered my cars with the clear plastic from my body shop supply company. It even clings to the car for a few months. Now several months later I think I will do it from now on. Just seeing the cars helps with the snow outside imo.
    Regards, Randy

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

enloe and Hombre like this.
  10. just be careful with any fresh paint, or any trapped moisture. trapped solvents or moisture can reek havoc with a finish. best to put an old bed sheet down first.

11. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Good point. No fresh paint here (the ‘64 was painted in 1980:) and it’s a climate controlled shop but yes I can see that being an issue (inside or out). Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

enloe likes this.
  12. patterg2003

patterg2003

The snowmen are tired as well.

enloe, jazz1, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  13. I'm tired of winter and the corona virus crap, it all sucks. :mad:HRP

enloe, Deuces and Hombre like this.
  14. Danny, our weather was great here this winter. If VDOT wouldn't have decided to get rid of a boat load of gravel. It would have only been a few days you couldn't have driven the Hot Rods. This VIRUS thing, is a bit different story. I quarantined myself, my dad, and the grandkids. The wife needs to work. :rolleyes: We should take this serious untill we know what is really happening. You HAMB'ers stay safe. Work on projects get on the HAMB more, and enjoy your family. Ron......

enloe, Deuces and Hombre like this.
  15. That is a righteous ride, I'd be proud to wheel that around. Gotta love the beaters.

enloe, BigO, Ron Funkhouser and 2 others like this.
  16. Ron, our problem is with Brenda's small business we can't stay or work from home, if we are not there the doors are closed and there is no revenue.

I'm afraid a lot of small business owners will end up closing their doors if this goes on too long, we are already feeling the effects.

All the schools & university's are closed for the next two weeks along with all the city & county offices.

We were informed yesterday we can't deliver flowers to any city or county buildings and can't deliver to any of the hospitals.

It's not in our hands, all we can do is put our faith in the government and pray they put their faith in the Good Lord. HRP

enloe, jazz1, Hombre and 3 others like this.
  17. We've had more days in the 70s here this winter than inches of snow, and I'm in Maryland!!

enloe, Hombre, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Trying to make this deal as serious as I personally need to but I think some people are allowing the news medias' constant "breaking news" drama to turn them into zombies.
    Wasn't a big deal for me personally until I gave a bundle of toilet paper to an elderly friend to then realize I only had a little left, HELLO COSTCO!!!
    I only had to wait in line 45 minutes prior to opening, life is good now!

Ron Funkhouser and Deuces like this.
  19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Snowed this past wkend but it didn't stick. Been cuttin' wood (axe...it's traditional) for next winter while it's not too hot out.

Deuces likes this.
  20. I love'em too, more fun, less worries. :)

Hombre likes this.