Register now to get rid of these ads!

tired of my cars looks changes what do you think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usmc50lx, Mar 22, 2007.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Ok guys I am already tired of the green on my car and am thinking for a year or two running it like this, Spray can red oxide(doing body work along the way),no interior(it has all black thats not the best) as I save for all white tuck and roll,WWW Bias ply slicks and skinnies on my steelies painted black(saving for my chrome reverse),Limefires and painting the engine a different color. Just little stuff so the car will be completley different than it is now but cheap enough so I can save for my end result heavily flaked 60's show rod and the main purchase that won't be used again is the rattle can paint so really is kinda smart and I have a tire machine and balancer so won't have to worry about paying somebody for that!The green was cool and different but It just got to me too quick and I think it is BLAH!

Attached Files:

2. LilDuec

LilDuec

Sounds cool! If I could do it again though I would get somethin different than the limefires. Pretty much everybody runs those and I kinda want somethin different. I'd love to see that heavy flake job though!! Thats one reason my car is still multi-colored.....I cant decide what the hell to paint it!! Ha ha!

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Weren't you heading back to Iraq? Well if you have the time, Id go for maybe a charcoal grey instead of the green. Its a little light for my taste, but hey its your car!
    Doc.

4. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Yeah in June this is plans for when I come home but I don't want to spend all my money this time(damn Mustangs)and Figured this would be changing the car and getting me closer to where I want it to be at the same time.And wouldn't have to take it apart because I should be home in spring so wanna keep the car on the road so i can enjoy it.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

If you think the green got to you fast. Wait until you paint it flake.
    IMO flake paint is great but gets boring and monotonous really fast.
    Stick with Ford original colors. Timeless and never dull.